5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How To Change Radio Favorite Selection Using Steering Wheel

Shadowmike94

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to go backwards on the favorites list in their truck using the steering wheel selection while listening to the radio? I have about 8 favorite stations saved on my radio however, whenever i change preset channel 1 to preset channel 3 i have to cycle through all 8 preset channels just to get back to preset 1. In all my vehicles i have ever owned you could go backwards and forwards with your preset channels using your steering wheel buttons. However with this truck i cannot figure out to do that, you can only use the middle circle button to go forward in preset favorites. It's annoying that i have to cycle through all my radio channels that are saved just to get back to the one i want. Compared to just using my button on the steering wheel to go back to the channel that i was just at.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Voice command is the only way I know to go back to a lower preset. I use the VC to swap channels when I'm using full screen navigation.i don't even mess with the button.

JXL118

Reaction score
I hit the up button to get off a preset station then hit the middle button again which switches back to your first preset. Not ideal when on preset 8 and want to go to 7 but works good to get back to 1 or 2.

JXL118

Reaction score
I really wish they'd just let us change the steering wheel button functions in uconnect. I'm sure they could do it with just a software update.

Kibbe

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to go backwards on the favorites list in their truck using the steering wheel selection while listening to the radio? I have about 8 favorite stations saved on my radio however, whenever i change preset channel 1 to preset channel 3 i have to cycle through all 8 preset channels just to get back to preset 1. In all my vehicles i have ever owned you could go backwards and forwards with your preset channels using your steering wheel buttons. However with this truck i cannot figure out to do that, you can only use the middle circle button to go forward in preset favorites. It's annoying that i have to cycle through all my radio channels that are saved just to get back to the one i want. Compared to just using my button on the steering wheel to go back to the channel that i was just at.
Hit the middle button repeatedly to scroll up, not ideal but it’s better than nothing

Amerinamese

Reaction score
This was my biggest peeve for the truck. I think the center button should be used for "Scan" and the up and down rocker used for going forward or back in presets. if you want to change the station hold the up rocker to automatically go to the next station that comes in.

Quint

Reaction score
I hit the up button to get off a preset station then hit the middle button again which switches back to your first preset. Not ideal when on preset 8 and want to go to 7 but works good to get back to 1 or 2.
This is the best way that I am aware of to do it. I get everyone's frustration, but then again, it is also nice to scan up or down via the steering wheel when driving through the country. It would suck to have to reach over to the console to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/