5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to access headliner speakers, or the wiring for them

mch

Reaction score
Hello, I'm looking for any advice regarding the headliner speakers. I couldn't find anything on Youtube or anything helpful with google searches. I'd like to replace them, or find a good spot to access the wires leading to the speakers.

It's been over 2 years since I got a sub box, got amps, made a board, etc. I put it off mostly due to hot weather, and my Alpine system with upgraded door and speakers most pretty sufficient so I was not real motivated to finish the job. It's looking like I'm finally going to try install everything tomorrow if my friend doesn't flake on me. I have two Amps: 5.1 channel JL Audio to run doors and subs, and an 4 channel Alpine for 2 Dash, and intended headliner). I was going to just let the stock sub power the center speaker.

For tomorrow, at minimum I plan to:

1. Install a PAC AP4-CH41 (running RCA's and trigger wire from PAC to rear cab under the center console)
2. Run Power Cable from battery to rear of cab (Inside left of driver's door)
3. Running new speaker wire to 2 dash and all doors (leave factory wiring alone)
4. Try to access headliner speakers (If I can access them without trashing the headliner, I'd like to replace the speakers)

If too much hassle at this time, the other option would be to try to find the wires leading to the stock speakers, cut them and then wire to my amp.

I'll probably just disconnect my stock sub, and will deal with any ANC issues if it starts making that hum. I had no issues with the ANC to date, after installing my upgraded speakers. Here's some pics of what I started working on a few years ago.

Here's some pics of my project so far. I'll add some more as I finish it up.

Last edited:

swizlstik

Reaction score
How do you like the Foxbox? I’m thinking about one since it can fit a full size sub. I have a MTI sealed box with the Hertz shallow 10”.

Nice setup!

mch

Reaction score
How do you like the Foxbox? I’m thinking about one since it can fit a full size sub. I have a MTI sealed box with the Hertz shallow 10”.

Nice setup!

It seems nice, I have not had it in my truck yet. Setting up the speakers and grills took a bit of time. I suppose I could have screwed the speaker directly into the box with wood screws, but I instead used wooden threaded inserts - EZ-LOK 8-32 Flanged Die Cast Zinc Hex-Drive Threaded Ins. for Wood (25 Pieces)

Users who are viewing this thread