5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How the heck do you use the cordless phone charging system?

PHANTUMRAM

Reaction score
Ive watched videos on the 2019 rams cordless charging system we still cant make it charge our phones.Does it only charge certain phones?Maybe theres something were missing?

JoeRam

Reaction score
It will only charge a phone that has that type functionality. Not all cell phones can just be placed on a wireless charger and work. What type phone are trying this with?

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ive watched videos on the 2019 rams cordless charging system we still cant make it charge our phones.Does it only charge certain phones?Maybe theres something were missing?

First you have to have the RamCharger in your truck. You don't list your trim level or any other details so we don't know if you have that. Then you have to have a phone that supports wireless charging. Check online to see if yours does and if it supports the industry standard Qi protocol.
Next you have to make sure you don't have a case on it that is so thick it interferes with the wireless charging. Lastly, you have to ensure your phone is lined up properly so that the wireless charging can connect.

PHANTUMRAM

Reaction score
Thanks guys we do have the wireless charging system. I have a Motorola I couldn't find anything on it for wireless charging.

JLUR_

Reaction score
Thanks guys we do have the wireless charging system. I have a Motorola I couldn't find anything on it for wireless charging.
Some of the Motorola Droids have Qi charging compatibility but not all of them. The Maxx, Mini, Turbo and Turbo 2 all support it natively. Any other Motorola phones will either need an add-on backpack or are not capable at all. If you tell me that you have a RAZR I'm going to burn down a daycare and frame you :LOL::LOL:

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Pretty sure you need to have a Laramie with the lvl1 or better package to get the wireless charger. Fill in the details of your truck in your sig, it helps a lot so that others on the forum know whats up.

Edit: for some reason I couldn't see the other posts... Still, gotta have a wireless charger in the truck, and the capability on the phone. To use it, simply place the phone in the cradle over the charging pad and wait for the flashing red light to turn blue. If it doesn not turn blue, or turns solid red, you may need to pick the phone back up out of the cradle and try again to reposition it.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I purchased a Qi case from Amazon for my Iphone6. Works great, plus it has a secondary port that allows me to utilize Carplay. Search your phone on Amazon for a similar case.

Users who are viewing this thread