5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how soon did you replace the OEM tires?

Gren71

Reaction score
I have the OEM goodyears and...big shock...im looking to replace them.

ONLY reason is that ive read awful reviews and know full well that oem tires are pretty much awful.

My question is...with 800 miles on the truck...am i jumping the gun?

When did yall replace the OEMs?

Its winter so I have a couple months before camping season starts up again. But I will be pullin my 30ft 6,000lb TT once or twice a month for a couple hundred miles at a time for our trips. I have used P rated tires with this camper without any issue, and intend to do the same with this ram. Im eyeing the Michellin Defender LTX m/s 2s. Great reviews, reported improvement in MPG over oem, and they have a fantastic tread life rating.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I find factory tires rarely make it till 40,000 miles and I do a lot of highway driving. Currently have 36,000 miles on my stock Wildpeaks and they’re just about done. As far a traction they’ve been the best tire I ever had in snow/rain but dropped off greatly after half tread.

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There are people who replaced them the same day they drove off the dealer lot. I swapped mine out at 15k miles, just because I wanted to go bigger and found a set of Kenda Klever M/TS for $400 on marketplace that were about 80% tread depth. I ran those for just over a year then went to 35's, and sold the Kenda's for $350

Gren71

Reaction score
I was thinking it was worth while to take them off sooner and then try to sell the on the secondary market for a couple hundred to recoup the cost of the better tires. Havent really had the chance to look into the price and saturation of the OEM tires for sale yet though.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I was thinking it was worth while to take them off sooner and then try to sell the on the secondary market for a couple hundred to recoup the cost of the better tires. Havent really had the chance to look into the price and saturation of the OEM tires for sale yet though.
Sold my factory WildPeaks with 15k mikes on them for $450

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I rode my Bridgestones to 50K. Lol They rode great. They just didn't do much else.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Replaced my factory Goodyear just under 20,000 miles cause they were worn out.

This is my 8th Dodge/ RAM truck I’ve owned since 2004 and they’ve all had factory Goodyear and I’ve been lucky if any of them have made it 30,000 miles. The factory Goodyear they put on these trucks are trash so unless there’s an economic reason I wouldn’t hesitate to replace them if you have the slightest reason to do so.

Gren71

Reaction score
I rode my Bridgestones to 50K. Lol They rode great. They just didn't do much else.
I ran the Bridgestone dueler ATs on my gladiator in 255/75/17 and absolutely loved them. They towed great, good mpg, good in all weather, ect. Shame they just ware out super fast.

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine were the OWL all season I think. They just didn't grip anything but did ride very nicely.

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
I don't think mine lasted 25K miles,
13 - 24,000 miles, OEM Goodyear Eagle Touring (Treadwear = 500)
24,000 - 46,000 miles, BFG Advantage T/A's (Treadwear = 700)
46,000 - 104,000 miles, Michelin Defender LTX's (Treadwear = 720)
104,000 - TBD miles, Michelin Defender LTX 2's (Treadwear = 820)

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Replaced my factory Goodyear just under 20,000 miles cause they were worn out.

This is my 8th Dodge/ RAM truck I’ve owned since 2004 and they’ve all had factory Goodyear and I’ve been lucky if any of them have made it 30,000 miles. The factory Goodyear they put on these trucks are trash so unless there’s an economic reason I wouldn’t hesitate to replace them if you have the slightest reason to do so.
The SRA’s were especially junk. I had them from the factory on my 2013 and 2017. Even brand new they sucked in rain and snow. We’re downright dangerous in the rain once past 25,000 miles. Snow sucked even in 4WD.

Users who are viewing this thread