5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How quiet is your truck in and out?

DesertRat

Reaction score
Like the topic says, how quiet is your truck inside and out? I have a 2020 F-150 that squeaks, rattles and pops all over from the rear springs and the cheap plastic in the center , console, sliding rear window, and other areas. A truck is supposed to be a truck and comes with some noise, but it drives my OCD nuts so I am looking at possibly replacing it with a '21 Ram.

Cajun_

Reaction score
Like the topic says, how quiet is your truck inside and out? I have a 2020 F-150 that squeaks, rattles and pops all over from the rear springs and the cheap plastic in the center , console, sliding rear window, and other areas. A truck is supposed to be a truck and comes with some noise, but it drives my OCD nuts so I am looking at possibly replacing it with a '21 Ram.
Quietist truck on the market. Active noise cancellation helps alot. Between my ram and our bmw X5. We prefer the ram in noise and ride quality.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

FN-2187

Reaction score
My 2021 limited is the nicest, quietest vehicle I have ever owned. I had a 2016 Toyota tacoma that I put 500 dollars worth of sound deadner in and it still wasn't this quiet. The only thing that makes noise is the rear window when it is open. I love this truck.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

rkelz1

Reaction score
I have to agree. My 2021 Laramie Sport with all level2 tech is an amazing ride. Wish it got a bit better city mileage, advertised 17 is a pipe dream, try closer on 12, HWY is good at 17-20

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine is very quiet minus a brake pedal squeek and seat back click noise. My 2014 had zero rattles or squeeks, this 2019 has a couple small noises I'm attibuting to be a first year model.

351Cobra

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Ram 1500 BigHorn. My wife has a 2013 Mercedes GL-450. The Merc is 'as new' but I still prefer driving the Ram. Quieter, no squeaks or rattles, more comfortable seats, better sound system ...

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

wvinson

Reaction score
No rattles in '19 Limited and I'm off road quite a bit. None in my '14 or '17 sport either. Best riding truck out there!

bocco

Reaction score
My 2021 limited is the nicest, quietest vehicle I have ever owned. I had a 2016 Toyota tacoma that I put 500 dollars worth of sound deadner in and it still wasn't this quiet. The only thing that makes noise is the rear window when it is open. I love this truck.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
X2 on this.

RamLink83

Reaction score
I've got a rattle or vibration that seems to be coming from the front passenger side that I'm trying to track down. The bass from the radio makes it vibrate and it's annoying. Other than that it's pretty quiet inside, especially compared to my wife's Crosstrek.

Duran

Reaction score
Very quiet besides going through palm springs. We have a valley after the grade that gets very windy. Talkin about turning over semis, but the wind i guess pushes the door jam open enough by the window to make a howling noise.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
Ride quality is great in my 21 BTS. I do have an intermittent squeak when I hit a sharp bump though. Searching the forum its believed to be a brake pad clip squeak

sppb32

Reaction score
Mine is somewhat loud outside and very loud inside, everything rattles when i turn up the volume 🤣.
Now seriously, i find this truck very quiet inside the cab compared to others i drove.

Attachments

• 20210704_132146.jpg
    20210704_132146.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 66

JF19Longhorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Other than the occasional wind noise, usually only on days with cross winds, she's a very quiet truck.

There is an occasional squeak and light tapping sound coming from the dash while going over bumps when it's colder out. It usually goes away once the truck warms up a bit.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Whisper Quiet in the Rebel...got in a friend's Cadillac last week and said WHOA this car is noisy!! Could hear everything going on outside the vehicle and in

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I had a nightmare a couple days ago that I traded in the RAM for a Volvo and there was a banshee-like whistle coming from the right rear passenger door. Thankfully, the RAM was still in the driveway when I woke up.

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had a nightmare a couple days ago that I traded in the RAM for a Volvo and there was a banshee-like whistle coming from the right rear passenger door. Thankfully, the RAM was still in the driveway when I woke up.

That's an oddly specific nightmare....lol

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That's an oddly specific nightmare....lol
It was very weird and has stuck with me for a couple days. I need one of those dream interpreters to tell me what it means. My guess is that I should not trade-in the RAM, lol

Users who are viewing this thread