5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How or what to use to calibrate speedo to new tire size for 2021?

Bctexascrazy1

Reaction score
Just had a level kit and put on some 295/65/20s on my 21’ 1500. The dealership said they can recalibrate it for $125? Should I go that route or is there a handheld programmer that will do it for the 21’ models?

Dr. Cheeseburger

Reaction score
I just put 275/65R20 on my 21 Limited. I am looking to do the same thing regarding recalibration. What did the dealer say -- was it a simple computer update? I wonder if there is any warranty implication on using a handheld programmer

Didz

Reaction score
I just put 275/65R20 on my 21 Limited. I am looking to do the same thing regarding recalibration. What did the dealer say -- was it a simple computer update? I wonder if there is any warranty implication on using a handheld programmer
Dont know about the dealers in the states, but out here in the Middle East, you try and do anything yourself in terms of programming and you can kiss your warranty goodbye. My advice, bite the bullet and let the dealer do it for you. That way if anything goes wrong they have to deal with it out of their pocket.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I used the Rough Country calibrator. It was easy and it works great. It was around $175

Mikeg22

Reaction score
Just had a level kit and put on some 295/65/20s on my 21’ 1500. The dealership said they can recalibrate it for $125? Should I go that route or is there a handheld programmer that will do it for the 21’ models?
I went to a dodge dealer this morning they told me they couldn’t recalibrate my speed odometer and I would need to find out but a programmer to do it. But I don’t know which one is best for my 2021 ram 1500

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I went to a dodge dealer this morning they told me they couldn’t recalibrate my speed odometer and I would need to find out but a programmer to do it. But I don’t know which one is best for my 2021 ram 1500
Either find another dealer that is more competent, or buy the alfaOBD app and appropriate obd tool and security bypass module. All said and done should be around $100. If you have an iPhone, time to switch up to Android so you can use alfaOBD. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/