5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How much of a Top View do you get with the Surround Camera?

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
Based on the Ram web site, the Top View of the Surround Camera shows the following.

It takes up about 1/3 of the screen.

Anyone with this feature able to confirm this is all you get? Having such a small viewing area doesn't seem like it would help.
Are you able to have the surround view utilize the entire screen?

Can you post a picture?

Also, is the surround view available on the 8 inch screen or only on the huge 12 inch screen?

1675811174678.png

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That's all you get. And it is enough. It would be nice if it was bigger on the 12" screen, but I can see just fine. It is on both 8" and 12".

Ram4Lou

Reaction score
Yes, 1/3 is the size but it does the job well. Ram used very crisp cameras on this system and I am able to get into some very tight spots effortlessly.

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback.
Checked out a Titan the day and it was this way as well, but on the far right of the screen.
To me it was useless.
Have yet to find a Ram dealer with a Laramie that has the surround camera which had me wondering maybe people didn't like the small camera.

Andymax

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Agree with Ram4Lou and Vincent...bummed you cant make it bigger BUT it is extremely useful nonetheless and I'm happy I have it.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Agreed, even though it could be bigger it's very useful even being that size. It's likely that the reason you haven't found any Laramies with the system is because people aren't willing to pay the almost $2k more for the Advanced Safety Group just to get the surround view camera.

St-na

Reaction score
100% agreed, would be nice to have it bigger, but better small, than nothing. It took sometime for me to get used to this view. Very nice to have, make parking very easy.

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
100% agreed, would be nice to have it bigger, but better small, than nothing. It took sometime for me to get used to this view. Very nice to have, make parking very easy.

Recently checked out a F-150 with the surround camera. That was very nice. The image was probably twice as large and very clear crisp image.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wish it could be turned off tbh. I would much rather have the back up camera fill the whole screen and only have the 360 on when I want it.

Flot

Reaction score
I agree that it was annoying that it is so small, I had hoped they'd "fix" this in the transition from Uconnect 4 to 5. I still find it useful and the 360 camera was a motivating factor in my purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread