5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How much is an oil change?

Nascar Tommy

My other Ram is a Dodge.
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hello, loving the new Ram, Tried to order a 2022 back in Oct 22 while you could still get a standard hemi but it was too late. In 2023 etorque is only option. Etorque is not as bad as I thought, although living in the country it is not very beneficial for me (only 4 stoplights in whole county). How much will an oil change cost on the hemi?

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
$45 max if you do it yourself. Cheaper if you find full synthetic on sale.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
7qt of oil and an oil filter

oW20 full syn.
Oil filter would generally be the same as any other car\truck.

Not sure what stores you have access to you but I get my oil from BJs for $4.50 a quart, so 32 bucks for oil and then another $13 for a (expensive) filter so $45 checks out.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
The dealerships in my area want $100 for one of their lowest ranked techs to likely get it wrong in some way, while I sit there for 2-3 hours for the honor.

Or, I can get two 5-quart jugs of PUP for $50, plus $10 for the MO339 filter. Get to relax and do the oil change myself, knowing it was done to my high standards.

Jako

Reaction score
I'm finding my DIY oil changes (PUP Walmart, Mobil 1 Costco) in the $6 - $7+/qt. range. My DIY Ram oil change is $50+. Faster than going to someone else to do it and I know what has been done. Second oil change at Ram dealership was conventional while first was synthetic, been doing my own ever since.

Just had the front axles on a Honda Fit replaced on a recall. Had to go back to have them put on a clip for the splash pan. The dealership left the plastic seat cover, floor paper, tag on mirror and parked so I had to squeeze into the car. Wasn't that way the on the first visit. Guess someone was in a hurry or unhappy. Same dealership over filled my wife's Civic on an oil change.

I'll DIY as much as I can.

Littlejoe81

Reaction score
The dealerships in my area want $100 for one of their lowest ranked techs to likely get it wrong in some way, while I sit there for 2-3 hours for the honor.

Or, I can get two 5-quart jugs of PUP for $50, plus $10 for the MO339 filter. Get to relax and do the oil change myself, knowing it was done to my high standards.
Exactly!! Do it myself, don't trust em! I use Castrol!

Last edited:

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Doing mine tomorrow $57 including tax
Pennzoil platinum full synt - $27 for 5qt at home depot or walmart - you can buy 3 of these for 2 oil changes or
1 qt - $7.97 if you just want to buy the rest individual
mopar filter - $14

I think the dealer was $90-110 in my area

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Doing mine tomorrow $57 including tax
Pennzoil platinum full synt - $27 for 5qt at home depot or walmart - you can buy 3 of these for 2 oil changes or
1 qt - $7.97 if you just want to buy the rest individual
mopar filter - $14

I think the dealer was $90-110 in my area
I like Pennzoil Ultra Platinum for just a little more $$.
You can get the filter on Amazon if you can't find it locally.

6of36

Reaction score
Hello, loving the new Ram, Tried to order a 2022 back in Oct 22 while you could still get a standard hemi but it was too late. In 2023 etorque is only option. Etorque is not as bad as I thought, although living in the country it is not very beneficial for me (only 4 stoplights in whole county). How much will an oil change cost on the hemi?
I didn't see if anyone stated in the responses to you, but Hemis take 7 quarts.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online