5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How much did you pay for your extended warranty (Canada)

Xhumeka

Reaction score
I got "plan code 419" (7 year/115000 km) for $3,650 (Toronto downtown Chrysler).

maxcatk2

Reaction score
I picked up the 4WD 425 Gold Plan warranty they called it for my 2021 1500 night edition Sport, includes oil changes and tire rotations, for $2950 at Hunt Chrysler (Milton Ontario). It seem reasonably priced from what I've read thanks to all you guys here, and they were a fantastic dealer to work with as I had a laundry list of very particular features I wanted (ie they were great and patient with me!). Shout out to Hunt Chrysler team.

LHarv

Reaction score
I purchased the 7yr/115000 km FCA warranty for 2660.00 cdn. I sent emails to dealers across Canada. Not all answered but most did. Some of the prices quoted by above posters seem unbelievable, A 5400 warranty for 2800.......almost 50% off......dont believe it.

Where?

Silent Bob

Reaction score
Get the Best Price on a Factory Extended Warranty

I contacted all the people I know of that sell discounted genuine Mopar warranties for a price comparison. Did I miss anyone?

Zeigler
Clay Robbins
Tom Winkels
Riedman Motors
Chrysler Warranty's
Jeep Factory Warranty
Mopar Service Contracts
Chrysler Warranty Direct
Chrysler Factory Warranty
Jason Edmonson

Check out this link to see who had the lowest prices.

Big_Horn

Reaction score
I got my truck a little less than 2 weeks ago but didn't end up buying an extended warranty just yet. I'll be doing a little more shopping around since I have 1yr or 20k km before I need to finalize without any additional fees.

This is information I have gathered so far.

Plan 415 (5yrs/100,000km) - usually sold for $2500. I was offered it for $1400.

Plan 410 (7yrs/160,000km) – usually sold for $4600. I was offered it for $3750.

Plan 425 (5yrs/100,000km and includes oil changes and tire rotation) - usually sold for $5400. I was offered it for $2800.

All of these are plus taxes. Keep in mind, you don't have to purchase the FCA extended warranty through your dealer, it can be any FCA dealer for that matter (unless you want to include it in your lease or finance payments).

The prices I was offered were not negotiated by me, simply the initial price provided to me by the dealer. If you decide to buy, I'd try to negotiate a bit more.

Hope this helps. Let me know what you end up with or if you'd like to get in touch with the dealer that offered these prices to me.
What is the name of the dealership that offered you these prices, I'm interested in buying one for my RAM

LHarv

Reaction score
NOTE* This is in Canada we don't have access to chrysler direct, etc warranties. We have to buy directly from an FCA dealer up here.

So after weeks of searching and speaking to different dealers I KNOW that if pays to shop around. My Ram's 3yr/60,000 factory warranty runs out in 2 weeks and I've really been on the fence. I've said to myself that it needs to be low enough to make sense. My ram doesn't bother me aside from the air suspension and I've read that several owners are requiring service/new compressors frequently due to cold weather and can be anywhere from 2-3k depending on what goes.

My local ram dealer started me off by offering a 5/yr 100k warranty for $3,200. This kind of surprised me due to what I read on these forums and how much cheaper people got the same plan (415) for. I don't want more than another couple of years because I'll most likely upgrade/trade before that.

So I tried an out of province dealer in Alberta, they came back with the same plan 5/yr 100k for $2700. I thought already this was better but I questioned as to how there is a significant difference for the EXACT same warranty.

I figured I should keep trying. I got ahold of a really nice guy in my province a few hours away for the same plan (415) 5yrs/100k and he's like I'll give it to you for $2400. At this point I was convinced this was the lowest as he seemed to be honest about what this warranty was "normally" worth. I was prepared to purchase but the wife said sleep on it and then decide. So I did,

The next day I decided to give it another shot and I called a Ram dealer a few hours away and received another quote. It took them a couple of days to get back to me but came in at $1700. I think this is what I am going to purchase as its definitely worth the piece of mind for another couple of years and I am all too hesitant around the Air ride in my limited.

As a note for people buying in Canada, if you don't have HST in your province, you only pay the 5% GST on any warranty. So there are many offers in other provinces, not just Alberta.

The fact is, I've found a $1500 spread in dealers just 3 hours apart and why that is, I don't know but DO KNOW that it pays to shop around. I'm sure I could try for lower yet, but I think I will settle with $1700.

Just and FYI for anyone out there in a similar situation.

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
NOTE* This is in Canada we don't have access to chrysler direct, etc warranties. We have to buy directly from an FCA dealer up here.

So after weeks of searching and speaking to different dealers I KNOW that if pays to shop around. My Ram's 3yr/60,000 factory warranty runs out in 2 weeks and I've really been on the fence. I've said to myself that it needs to be low enough to make sense. My ram doesn't bother me aside from the air suspension and I've read that several owners are requiring service/new compressors frequently due to cold weather and can be anywhere from 2-3k depending on what goes.

My local ram dealer started me off by offering a 5/yr 100k warranty for $3,200. This kind of surprised me due to what I read on these forums and how much cheaper people got the same plan (415) for. I don't want more than another couple of years because I'll most likely upgrade/trade before that.

So I tried an out of province dealer in Alberta, they came back with the same plan 5/yr 100k for $2700. I thought already this was better but I questioned as to how there is a significant difference for the EXACT same warranty.

I figured I should keep trying. I got ahold of a really nice guy in my province a few hours away for the same plan (415) 5yrs/100k and he's like I'll give it to you for $2400. At this point I was convinced this was the lowest as he seemed to be honest about what this warranty was "normally" worth. I was prepared to purchase but the wife said sleep on it and then decide. So I did,

The next day I decided to give it another shot and I called a Ram dealer a few hours away and received another quote. It took them a couple of days to get back to me but came in at $1700. I think this is what I am going to purchase as its definitely worth the piece of mind for another couple of years and I am all too hesitant around the Air ride in my limited.

As a note for people buying in Canada, if you don't have HST in your province, you only pay the 5% GST on any warranty. So there are many offers in other provinces, not just Alberta.

The fact is, I've found a $1500 spread in dealers just 3 hours apart and why that is, I don't know but DO KNOW that it pays to shop around. I'm sure I could try for lower yet, but I think I will settle with $1700.

Just and FYI for anyone out there in a similar situation.

Which dealer?

LHarv

Reaction score
Which dealer?

White Rock Dodge - 3050 King George Blvd #7, Surrey, BC V4P 1A2 I went through Baeli and Connor, both in the finance department. Aside waiting a few days for them to get back to me it was seamless. Did an E docu-sign via email and paid over the phone with a credit card. Easy. Came to just a hair over $1800 with the 5% taxes. Plan (415).

paxtten

Reaction score
Thanks to LHarv for the tip on contacting White Rock Dodge ...
I've been shopping for the past few weeks in Eastern Ontario for extended warranty for my 19 LongHorn, but contacted White Rock Dodge / Connor based on LHarv's post. Connor offered me the same deal as LHarv, but I decided on the PLUS plan 425S after calculating cost of oil changes included in the package verses out of pocket costs to end of the 5 years. (and the possible need of the rental car & free towing)

I pressed dealers in Eastern Ontario and they would match or better the 415 deal that Connor offered, but not the 425S saving me over $200
Dealing with White Rock Dodge / Connor was extremely easy, no questions unanswered
I recommend contacting them, and mention you saw this on 5thgenrams forum

Connor Nishimura Finance Manager Surrey, BC
Cell: 778-982-2662 Email: [email protected]

NOTE: Taxes are charged based on province of the purchaser, so if your in Ontario, you need to add 13%

Last edited:

Tika

Reaction score
its name says it all......EXTENDED warranty, i wouldnt worry about one until original is over.......5 years is only 2 years cuz 3 of those years is original factory one........never bought one never needed it but if i did i would wait til 36 month period is almost up.........i used to get notifications like crazy about buying them at super low rates when original was about to expire.........wouldnt be concerned driving truck of dealer lot about this......

i would just wait

Reaction score
I was quoted for a 5yr / 160k bumper-to-bumper $3895 + the gold service plan with 14 oil changes/tire rotations for $600, total $4495 + tax.

Oxford Dodge in London

Wan2fly

Reaction score
I was quoted for a 5yr / 160k bumper-to-bumper $3895 + the gold service plan with 14 oil changes/tire rotations for $600, total $4495 + tax.

Oxford Dodge in London
Hi southerontario83,

I am have bought a new 2022 ram 3500 diesel and looking at getting the extended all included warranty?
Just curious what your final deal/price was? As I bought at the same dealer. Want to see if I got a reasonable deale/price

Users who are viewing this thread