5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How much did you pay for your extended warranty (Canada)

Reaction score
I was thinking about getting ext warranty last month when I bought my new 2500 but ending up deciding against it. I time out on warranty before I get many miles on it. I just sold my 2009 1500 with only 72,000kms on it. I have family that has worked for chrysler for 30 years. They said most major problems happen in first 12 months or way after the ext warranty is gone. It's all comes down to maintenance.
Anyways, warranty prices in Canada are different from prov to prov. For example, I'm in the NWT and the 7yr/115000 is $3500 but in Manitoba it's $2500. It does pay to shop around.

BMANN06

Reaction score
Mine was Belleville Dodge. I emailed a couple other dealers and got similar prices and they wanted more at Belleville Dodge but I told him I could get it for price quoted so they matched it.

Cool, I got my limited at belleville dodge too! Good crew over there!

To the OP realistically its best to buy the extended warranty at time of purchase ... you have substantial negotiating skills here (this is my experience). I paid an additional $3K for the extended warranty and lifetime rust protection. To be honest your likely looking at $4-7K after the sale. That being said I did trade in a low km 17' rebel on the deal as well so each deal has its own circumstances. But back in 2008 I bought a full jam cadillac CTS4. That car spent so much time at dealer I could pin the service record to the drop ceiling it would hit the floor and pin it back to ceiling to the floor and back to ceiling ... you get the point. But i was in this position too and liked the car so inquired and it was costly. Sorry for the bad news bro just being realistic.

Cheers

cadillacrules

Reaction score
So so us about the Manitoba dealer offering 7/115,000 at 2500$. I just called the place of purchase for a quote on my 19" Longhorn and was quoted $5200 as the best they could do.....
My reply was "bye now, click"

supercanadian

Reaction score
Following this. Just got my ram this month...I thought the standard that came with the truck was 5yr or 100k km. Not sure what that covers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
5 years is a powertrain warranty...

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm on this warranty should I or not train now....
dealer made these 2 options available:

5/100,000 $2195 (415)
5/160,000 $3850

I will see if I can get them to bring that 2nd option down - I'm driving around 28K/year, and that would make most sense, but I'm not sure I want to pay over 4k Canadian (with taxes) for that warranty.
Anyone else get this one? what did you pay?

pscalheiros80

Reaction score
wow I got a great deal then 7/160km I paid $4200 plan 410 no deductible

I Got the same coverage (7/160km) and paid up 5.700 for the 410 Gold Plan, no deductables on a 2020 diesel Ram Laramie Longhorn.

Guess i did a terrible deal!! Could it be related to the overall price of the truck?

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not necessarily. When I got mine 2 specific questions I got asked were if it was 4wd and if it was a diesel. I’m sure those added features drive up the premium.

Getting a no deductible policy also adds to the price.

I don’t think it goes off your specific model (Big Horn, Limited, etc.) as much as the platform. The extended warranty for a Dodge Dart will be less than a RAM. That being said I’m sure there’s a price bump from a 1500 to a 2500.

pscalheiros80

Reaction score
Well my total price was 87.745$. Could that be the reason? I think I have been played with the extras I paid on top of the final price. What about gap insurance, does anybody has good reference companies I can call?

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I paid $4200 for bumper to bumper for 5 years or 100k but if I don’t use the warranty they give me the money back with taxes too plus I get 12 free oil changes and tire rotations .

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just bought my 2019 Limited 3 days ago.
I bought the 6/160,000 bumper to bumper warranty. $200 Ded.
$4967 -$1000=$3967. Put $2000 down. $64 per mo. for remainder till paid out at no interest.
Vernon Chrysler Dodge.

pscalheiros80

Reaction score
I wonder if I can cancel mine and do it again somewhere else? Just feeling bad about this bad deal that I got! Just got the truck one week ago!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bloomer

Reaction score
Plan (413) 4/100,000 kms bumber to bumber, no deductible $900.00

runner_0

Reaction score
I got the 425D (EcodDiesel) extended warranty when I bought my truck which includes 10 oil changes for 5 years 100,000 km for $3075+GST.

EOK75

Reaction score
I'm trying to get an idea of what an extended warranty in Canada will cost. I'm interested in the 7yr/160k warranty (Plan 410). If any of you can share what you were quoted or ended up paying, that would great. I know pricing varies a lot when compared to our friends in the US!

In Canada, we are a little less fortunate - we do not have access to the chryslerwarrantys.com etc extended warranties. We also have some pretty egregious sales taxes depending on the province one does business in. Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) is a Federal tax at 5% and is applicable regardless of where you buy your service, and provinces have different Provincial Sales Tax rates (PST) ranging from 0% to 15% is tacked onto that. I purchased a 7/160 for my 2020 limited from Alberta despite living in Ontario as Alberta does not have PST. The dealer I bought the truck from assured me I was getting a deal at $4,995 + 13% tax CAD but I wasn't so sure. I proceeded to email over 40 dealerships across the country after buying my truck - from the Yukon to NFLD (it's a pretty simple process with their auto-fill forms online), and within 24 hours, I received about 2 dozen quotes ranging from as high as $6,300+15% tax to as low as $3,800+5% tax. Once you factor in the tax man, you're better off buying the warranty from a dealership in AB, YK, NT, or NWT as they have no PST, and of course its a genuine N.A. warranty.

Jackson Dodge was the winner in the end saving me over fifteen hundred dollars against the quote from the purchasing dealer. Its unfortunate the same doesn't work for buying the actual truck as the taxman cometh from the province of registration. At any rate, hopefully this helps prospective FCA warranty purchasers in Canada, and despite getting absolutely hosed for these warranties when compared to our neighbors to the south, free healthcare does make up for much of the tax man's sting.

RRRAAAAMMMM2020

Reaction score
How do you send a message to all the dealers. On the Ram website I can only seem to select 3

In Canada, we are a little less fortunate - we do not have access to the chryslerwarrantys.com etc extended warranties. We also have some pretty egregious sales taxes depending on the province one does business in. Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) is a Federal tax at 5% and is applicable regardless of where you buy your service, and provinces have different Provincial Sales Tax rates (PST) ranging from 0% to 15% is tacked onto that. I purchased a 7/160 for my 2020 limited from Alberta despite living in Ontario as Alberta does not have PST. The dealer I bought the truck from assured me I was getting a deal at $4,995 + 13% tax CAD but I wasn't so sure. I proceeded to email over 40 dealerships across the country after buying my truck - from the Yukon to NFLD (it's a pretty simple process with their auto-fill forms online), and within 24 hours, I received about 2 dozen quotes ranging from as high as $6,300+15% tax to as low as $3,800+5% tax. Once you factor in the tax man, you're better off buying the warranty from a dealership in AB, YK, NT, or NWT as they have no PST, and of course its a genuine N.A. warranty.

Jackson Dodge was the winner in the end saving me over fifteen hundred dollars against the quote from the purchasing dealer. Its unfortunate the same doesn't work for buying the actual truck as the taxman cometh from the province of registration. At any rate, hopefully this helps prospective FCA warranty purchasers in Canada, and despite getting absolutely hosed for these warranties when compared to our neighbors to the south, free healthcare does make up for much of the tax man's sting.

MRGUD

Reaction score
Hi all,

For extended warranty, does it have to be purchased at the time vehicle is purchased or it can be added later on?

My truck is 2019 (27k km on it).

Thanks

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi all,

For extended warranty, does it have to be purchased at the time vehicle is purchased or it can be added later on?

My truck is 2019 (27k km on it).

Thanks

Pretty much anytime, I believe as long as you are within initial warranty

Users who are viewing this thread