5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How much did you pay for your extended warranty (Canada)

enemjay

Reaction score
I'm trying to get an idea of what an extended warranty in Canada will cost. I'm interested in the 7yr/160k warranty (Plan 410). If any of you can share what you were quoted or ended up paying, that would great. I know pricing varies a lot when compared to our friends in the US!

Gatorchad

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. Is that the 7yr/160km? I dont recall seeing a 6yr in my research.
What did you end up paying/getting for extended Warranty in Canada? I pick mine up this week and not sure what to do.

enemjay

Reaction score
I got my truck a little less than 2 weeks ago but didn't end up buying an extended warranty just yet. I'll be doing a little more shopping around since I have 1yr or 20k km before I need to finalize without any additional fees.

This is information I have gathered so far.

Plan 415 (5yrs/100,000km) - usually sold for $2500. I was offered it for $1400.

Plan 410 (7yrs/160,000km) – usually sold for $4600. I was offered it for $3750.

Plan 425 (5yrs/100,000km and includes oil changes and tire rotation) - usually sold for $5400. I was offered it for $2800.

All of these are plus taxes. Keep in mind, you don't have to purchase the FCA extended warranty through your dealer, it can be any FCA dealer for that matter (unless you want to include it in your lease or finance payments).

The prices I was offered were not negotiated by me, simply the initial price provided to me by the dealer. If you decide to buy, I'd try to negotiate a bit more.

Hope this helps. Let me know what you end up with or if you'd like to get in touch with the dealer that offered these prices to me.

Kevy

Reaction score
Picking up my Laramie in 2 days.
Plan 425C (5/100) $2425.00

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
What do the warranties cover? Is it basically "bumper to bumper"? Any deductible?

barr0208

Reaction score
7/160,000 km $4200 plan 410 no deductible. pretty well everything but wear items eg belts rotors brake pads tires I bought mine at stephani motors in barrhead alberta. only paid 5% gst lol.

Last edited:

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Can any of you post what dealers gave you these prices? Thanks

Mine was Belleville Dodge. I emailed a couple other dealers and got similar prices and they wanted more at Belleville Dodge but I told him I could get it for price quoted so they matched it.

gencon

Reaction score
I'm trying to get an idea of what an extended warranty in Canada will cost. I'm interested in the 7yr/160k warranty (Plan 410). If any of you can share what you were quoted or ended up paying, that would great. I know pricing varies a lot when compared to our friends in the US!
Go on line. There is a dealer named Ziegler. He's in the midwest. He has FCA and Ford dealerships. His warranty prices beat any dealer offer. You can get a quote on line. I did this, brought it to the dealer. On my 2017 Longhorn, Dealer was at 4800, Ziegler was 2800. on my 2019 Limited, Ziegler was at 2600, dealer would not go below 2900. It is an FCA factory warranty, not an aftermarket

slauso

Reaction score
I purchased the 7yr/115000 km FCA warranty for 2660.00 cdn. I sent emails to dealers across Canada. Not all answered but most did. Some of the prices quoted by above posters seem unbelievable, A 5400 warranty for 2800.......almost 50% off......dont believe it.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What do the warranties cover? Is it basically "bumper to bumper"? Any deductible?
There are several different plans you can purchase. The one that is very similar to the B2B is the Maximum Care which I think is what most get (https://www.chryslerwarrantydirect.com/warranty-plans/maximum-care-warranty/). There are others that cover limited items and are obviously less expensive. Each plan has different terms to suit people's driving expectations and price points.

Not including the appearance and road hazard/tire policies you can purchase, the vehicle protections plans (from maximum coverage on down) are: Maximum Care (similar to B2B), Added Care Plus, Added Care, and Powertrain Care Plus. Here's a place to compare what each plan offers: https://www.chryslerwarrantys.com/ram.cfm

You have 3 deductible options: $0, $100, and $200. As long as whatever reason you brought your vehicle in for is covered by your policy then that is what you'll pay for each visit. The $0 deductible is not available for all plans though.

Can any of you post what dealers gave you these prices? Thanks
For me it came down to 4 dealerships that I was going to purchase the warranty from (these are all Chrysler dealers offering FCA factory warranties):

- Ziegler Automotive Group (https://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/) – 866-943-7778
- Riedman Motors (Trish) – 765-222-1353
- Eau Claire CDJR (https://www.chryslerwarrantys.com/) – 888-918-9840
- C.R. Motor Sales Inc. (https://www.chryslerwarrantydirect.com/) – 888-352-6103

All of them are very competitive as far as best price around. It will depend on what policy you are looking for, desired terms (years, miles, deductible), and when in vehicle life you are purchasing it. The cheapest price for the policy is for a vehicle that is less than 3 years from in-service (first purchase) date and under 12K miles.

Some things to note:

- If the truck is within first three years of initial purchase, the policy start time frame backdates to the date of purchase of the vehicle regardless of when you purchase the policy (be sure to take that into account as you will overlap your 3/36 basic (B2B) and 5/60 powertrain warranties).
- There is a price bump for every 12K miles within the 'first 3 years' window also.
- If you purchase a plan after the first 3 years the warranty starts from the date of purchase.
- You can either pay the full amount and buy the plan outright or put XX% down (each dealership has different options/requirements for how much to put down up front) and pay the rest off with 12 monthly installments thereafter (interest free). Either way the policy starts when you put the first dollar down.

Currently there are couple of coupon/discount/promo codes that I know of:

- Ziegler has two: PAYINFULL (gets you $365 off the policy price but you have to pay the full amount when you purchase the plan) and DAMON2 gives you $200 off and you can still finance the plan.
- Eau Claire (chryslerwarrantys) has W72534 for a code good until at least 11/30/2019. It gives a different discount to each price point but looks to be somewhere in the 10-15% range for a discount for the most part.

There are plenty on both sides of the extended warranty fence (good idea or a waste of money). My father and I are on both sides of the equation and we each got an extended warranty. He doesn't drive very many miles so purchased a low mileage 8 year plan which will give him 5 extra years of basic (B2B) and 3 extra years of powertrain coverage. I rack up at least 25K miles/yr and purchased a 7 year unlimited mile plan which will give me about 5 1/2 extra years of basic (B2B) and almost 5 extra years of powertrain coverage since I'll hit the mileage cap way early.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I purchased the 7yr/115000 km FCA warranty for 2660.00 cdn. I sent emails to dealers across Canada. Not all answered but most did. Some of the prices quoted by above posters seem unbelievable, A 5400 warranty for 2800.......almost 50% off......dont believe it.
I don't know about 50% off (unless it was some kind of Black Friday/Cyber Monday/flash sale I missed out on). I got my policy through Ziegler and got 25% off the 'MSRP' and that was with the discount code. I think that's a little more realistic as far as factory warranties go. There are a lot of options based on how long, how many miles, and what deductible you want. Those choices will greatly affect the price of the policy.

Just like discounted on-line parts from dealerships, they are selling the product with little profit margin. For a few minutes of their time they interact with you, take your money, have you fill out a form, and send it to FCA. The dealership makes a few bucks, gets credit for selling a policy, you get a good deal on a factory warranty, and everybody's happy. Each dealership has different goals and metrics they want to meet (loyal customer base, volume sales, etc.) so they can put it in their ads or get recognized by FCA for it.

Not long ago the notification went out that the lifetime warranty was going away and that there was going to be a huge price jump in warranty prices. Well the lifetime went away and the policy prices skyrocketed. Fast forward a few months and the prices listed are still inflated from FCA but the on-line prices came back down. Now instead of being a good deal they look like a great deal because, even though they are about the same as before, the "MSRP" price listed is still from the spike earlier this year.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread