5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How much did you get for your 5th Gen. Trade In or Sale?

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
I have had a Ram 1500 Limited for one year, 20,000 miles. It spends at least 3 to 4 days a month in the dealership. The majority of the issues have been electronics, i.e., tilting mirror issues, door control module issues, gps still not searching online, radio issues, headlight issues. I also had the rear brake issues, front brake issues, AC not staying cold. Now, it has to have front hubs and bearings replaced. Another new issue is that the shift knob has to be turned with no up or down pressure. If you, in the slightest, try to shift and have any pressure on the knob ( as little as your finger making it go slightly down, it won't turn.

Tired of less than stellar reliability. Love the ride, love the performance. I originally traded a 2017 Ram 2500 Longhorn with 30,000 miles and tranny issues for the 2019. Got it for $52,500 (MSRP $67,000), hoping to get $40,000 on trade in. Going to leave the Ram
^^ THIS ^^

Is my fear as well....good luck to you and to me (if I end up with one of these)

TulsaRam

Reaction score
I asked, nicely. No bullying present. You can assume about me what you like, but that says more about you than it does about me. In the field of Psychology, that's known as "Projection" and it's very common with digital modes of communication as human brains need to make inanimate things (like digital communication) more human. It's a flaw that causes a lot of grief, more so for those who perform it than those who receive it.

Have a good holiday and think about this. Everyone is guilty of it.
Actually, you didn't ask nicely, you called me out and I proved you wrong. Blaming others for your actions like you did above is called deflection in Psychology, feel free to take the holiday and think about it.

I can see we are not going to get along, so I do wish you the best and I'll move on. Happy Thanksgiving.

d19r93

Reaction score
^^ THIS ^^

Is my fear as well....good luck to you and to me (if I end up with one of these)
It appears you ended up trading, just curious how your deal ended up working out? I, too, went from a Ridgeline to a RAM. Loving it so far!

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
It appears you ended up trading, just curious how your deal ended up working out? I, too, went from a Ridgeline to a RAM. Loving it so far!
I did end up with one Weds night. I got $28500 for my 17 RL RTL-E with 42000 miles (I paid $39700 may of 2017) off a $72000.00 MSRP Laramie Longhorn discounted to $62400.00. I got another $1000 in rebates for financing with Chrysler Credit (36 months, 0%) and some other discount/rebate ($500 each total $1000).
Probably not as good as some, but good enough for me. It's a nice truck. Had it in today to get the BCM reflashed to enable the auto-dim headlights so I hope that's corrected now. 100 miles on it right now.

Last edited:

mlgreen

Reaction score
I did end up with one Weds night. I got $28500 for my 17 RL RTL-E with 42000 miles (I paid $39700 may of 2017) off a $72000.00 MSRP Laramie Longhorn discounted to $62400.00. I got another $1000 in rebates for financing with Chrysler Credit (36 months, 0%) and some other discount/rebate ($500 each total $1000).
Probably not as good as some, but good enough for me. It's a nice truck. Had it in today to get the BCM reflashed to enable the auto-dim headlights so I hope that's corrected now. 100 miles on it right now.

I find that hard to believe as well as your trade value numbers. Post up your buyer's order. I also find it hard to believe you got 36 months at 0% interest. Post up your credit report.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
I find that hard to believe as well as your trade value numbers. Post up your buyer's order. I also find it hard to believe you got 36 months at 0% interest. Post up your credit report.

I don't care what you think or believe. Using a secondary account here to troll after I put you on my ignore list just shows how childish you are. Good luck with life. #anotheroneontheignorelist

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Holy **** what a lot of negativity. Even if someone is lying about what they got or what they paid, who cares? What is to be gained by "calling someone out" on it? If a person feels the need to puff themselves up by inflating or deflating things, maybe they're having a tough time in life and need something to feel good about - God bless 'em and let them go on.

mlgreen

Reaction score
Sheesh, I was being facetious. Tough crowd here...

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My own created thread and I forgot to post my results ;). So I ended up selling my Big Horn to a dealer. I used , Carvana, Vroom, CarSense and a couple of dealers. The online quotes were low, CarSense and dealers were very similar. This was not part of a trade or other pending deal, it was an outright sale.

2019 Big Horn, Level 2, nicely equipped. MSRP was $53.5k. I paid $41k. Sold it for $30.5k with 17,400 miles after roughly 18 months of ownership.

Not a wise financial decision by any means but I really wanted out of the Ram due to the daily nagging issues and I am fortunate to be in a financial position to call it disposable income.

Users who are viewing this thread