5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How much coil do you cut?

Alter Ego Trip

Reaction score
So I decided to piece together a lowering kit for my 20 Ram 4x4. I ordered the Maxtrac front struts and rear 2" coils along with an adjustable panhard bar and core 4x4 swaybar links. I am going for a 2/3 ish drop as I like a slight rake. How much should I cut the 2" coils to get an additional 1" drop?

Also, should I cut the DS coil a hair bit less than the PS to account for the extra weight from fuel, driver?

Adrian2004

Reaction score
So I decided to piece together a lowering kit for my 20 Ram 4x4. I ordered the Maxtrac front struts and rear 2" coils along with an adjustable panhard bar and core 4x4 swaybar links. I am going for a 2/3 ish drop as I like a slight rake. How much should I cut the 2" coils to get an additional 1" drop?

Also, should I cut the DS coil a hair bit less than the PS to account for the extra weight from fuel, driver?
did you complete the 2/3 drop?

Users who are viewing this thread