5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many miles on your 5th Gen 1500?

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, not many since I bought it yesterday. :D

Right at 400 after the three hour drive home and running some errands today. Not thrilled with the regenerative braking feel of the etorque, or the somewhat rough ride of the 20" wheels, and I hope the seats break in a little bit as they are a little hard. Other than that, a pretty big upgrade over my 2018 F-150.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Your like me I drive the hell out of my vehicles. Don’t understand people who buy vehicles and scared to drive them due to miles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hahaha...you're making quite the assumption there. I seriously doubt that fear has anything to do with it :ROFLMAO: ...at least not for us.

In our case, we've both been working from home since late spring. Where are we supposed to drive with everything shut down in this crappy state (WA)? We were planning to take the Limited on a road trip this summer but that didn't work out for us. Maybe next year.

GaryT

Reaction score
2019 Big Horn 4x4, 5.7 eTorque, 43,000 miles and counting. My only issue has been a bolt rusting off on the muffler that I drilled out and replaced and the start/stop system would show as unavailable a couple times in the morning but it hasnt done this since I fixed the exhaust leak. I would buy another. No stranger to the Hemi, I use the Ram as a daily and a 6.4 Scat Pack Shaker as a wekend cruiser.

LakesAZ

Reaction score
Bought it in October of 2019. Just over 8k miles

1 problem: I spend 4ish hours every other week cleaning it just so it can be dirty/dusty as soon as I blink my eyes.
I love the look of black, but I knew that it gets dusty seconds after cleaning it. Which is why I went with Silver.

Walveg35

Reaction score
I just went over a 1,000 miles in my 2020 Big Horn.

2020 1500 Big Horn
5.7 HEMI

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have 26K on my 2019 Bighorn purchased 9/2018 no major issues. Replaced a leaking 3rd brake light and a few recalls, still love the truck.

My1stHemi

Reaction score
20,xxxx miles.
I’ve had an ANC amp replaced and the truck is in the shop for a new third brake light and transmission issues but I still love it so much that I’d buy another if I couldn’t keep this one. With the complexity of these trucks and number produced, some are bound to have issues. As long as RAM fixes the issues I’ll be a happy customer.
Across all trim levels, the interior and ride quality is so far beyond the competition in my opinion.

Mark313

Reaction score
37,500 miles on my 2019 Bighorn 2 years old in August. Only problem has been the power folding mirrors.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
36,000 on my 2019. My only issue is deciding which one to drive each day, the Redeye or the Truck. I love them both for very different reasons.
Maybe I should trade them both in on a TRX!!

flyfingers

Reaction score
Being as I do not yet own a Ram nor have I ever owned a Dodge / FCA product in the past (all GM), I'm very happy to hear how many of you would buy again despite the few quirks. Thanks for your input.

tdager

Reaction score
2019, bought May, 2019, has 33K miles. Nothing major of note, just a few minor things, and YES I would buy it again in a heartbeat. I love my truck.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
32,700 miles and zero regrets.

Today I dropped it off for its 7th warranty visit. Every truck will have issues no matter who you buy from. I've had plenty of little issues but nothing that has left me on the side of the road. I knew this going in, though, as mine is the first year of the new generation so there's some kinks to work out.

My first RAM (almost 20 years of Ford prior to this).

Love my truck and would but it again.

JGRaider

Reaction score
3850 miles after two months on the Laramie 4x4 EcoD. Love it, no issues at all.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have 29,xxx miles on the clock. Close to 12,000 miles were from 4 round trips and a one way between Florida and Michigan. Being retired I don't put the miles on that I did at one time. I like the truck enough that I'm thinking of hanging on to it a 2-3 more years. I'll be buying a warranty to cover the additional years and miles.

yankeefan31569

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Purchased Oct of 2018 jus flipped 30k on the OD, this my 2nd ram (2014) 1st one, and id buy again in 3 or 4 years, hiccups were condensation in tailights both replaced by dealer no charge, rear brake grinding issue in reverse after sitting overnight fixed by dealer no charge ( replaced everything calipers, pads etc at 25k..flash update for back upcamera fixed at same time...motor is smooth guys!!! rides like caddy... 2019 Crew Bighorn

LakesAZ

Reaction score
32,700 miles and zero regrets.

Today I dropped it off for its 7th warranty visit. Every truck will have issues no matter who you buy from. I've had plenty of little issues but nothing that has left me on the side of the road. I knew this going in, though, as mine is the first year of the new generation so there's some kinks to work out.

My first RAM (almost 20 years of Ford prior to this).

Love my truck and would but it again.
Well said about the first year of any generation, there will be issues that need to be sorted out. Hopefully they learn by there mistakes and the next year is much better. Note I have the next year so I really want that to be true.

Walveg35

Reaction score
I just went over 1,000 miles today.

2020 1500 Big Horn
5.7 HEMI

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Your like me I drive the hell out of my vehicles. Don’t understand people who buy vehicles and scared to drive them due to miles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Or they may just not need to drive too many miles.

I have 15k miles and almost 2 years on mine. Would definitely buy it again.

Users who are viewing this thread