5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many miles on factory tires?

Stony0604

Reaction score
I know this is a pretty vague question, but on average how many miles have you guys been getting on your factory tires before needing to replace with new ones?

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got almost 18K on mine and still have 3/4 of the tread left. I was not sure about Nexan tires but I can say they are better then the Goodyear Wranglers they used to come with. I had two new trucks with them and they were shot by 20,000 miles.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the Bridgestone Dueler H/L's on mine. Currently have about 10k miles on them and they still look brand new to my untrained eye. I have rotated them two times so far.

FWIW, my buddy manages a tire shop and he told me they are the best tires he has ever sold in terms of tread life. He said his customers regulary get 60k + miles out of a set without ever rotating them.

Only time will tell.

Stony0604

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'm almost at 40K and and debating getting new ones now or riding these further.

KRField

Reaction score
I got just over 44k on the Goodyear’s when they hit the wear indicators. Rotated every 5k and anal about maintaining PSI. That is with about 5k towing 5,500 lbs loads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stony0604

Reaction score
Yeah I'm probably just going to ride them out. I looked up the tires that my truck has and it looks like they are rated for 65K. That means I can spend my money on other mods now haha

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I had 60000km(37000+miles) on my Goodyear Wranglers(2014 Outdoorsman) when I traded on my Rebel. They were about half worn.

Henrygrate

Reaction score
I have the Bridgestone Dueler H/L's on mine. Currently have about 10k miles on them and they still look brand new to my untrained eye. I have rotated them two times so far.

FWIW, my buddy manages a tire shop and he told me they are the best tires he has ever sold in terms of tread life. He said his customers regulary get 60k + miles out of a set without ever rotating them.

Only time will tell.

Not for me. My OEM (19-1500 crew cab) are almost dead at 25K miles. I'll be lucky to get to 30K before changing them!

LincolnSixAlpha

Reaction score
Yea, I think the important thing is keeping a good alignment, and rotate every 3-5k. I've had a number of vehicles in the past few years (European), and I've noticed the quality of the OEM name brand tires do not seem to be as good as the very same aftermarket tire. My Rebel has the Wrangler Duratrac's, and they seem to be holding up very nicely.

Gs72174

Reaction score
My factory Bridgestones were done at around 35,000.

paullnace

Reaction score
I know this is a pretty vague question, but on average how many miles have you guys been getting on your factory tires before needing to replace with new ones?
I got 18k out of the good years until they became street slicks

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had to replace my 22 inch Goodyears at 14,000 miles. Goodyear gave me about a 65% discount towards some new ones

Cravenfan

Reaction score
6 miles...immediately swapped them out, then sold the set for $700. :cool:

FL Laramie

Reaction score
I'm right at 30k with the original Goodyears on 22s. I should still be able to get another 8k to 10k out of them. Keep them at 38 psi and rotate every 10k. I do see a little wear at the outside edge of the tires that were on the passenger front side. I will get a lifetime alignment this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread