5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How long to wait for seller to ship? Ebay

Fillet1

Reaction score
Ordered a set of 2022 limited 20” takeoffs (painted polished) on Sept 17, and paid 300 for shipping. Haven’t shipped yet. Seller has no history on ebay - and joined in May of 22. I emailed and asked for tracking etc and so far got two responses. First was - will ship later this week ( meaning last week) and indicated early this week that he has been busy etc an will ship and send me tracking info shortly.

I have sold some expensive stuff online and ship asap after purchase. (Immediately) Don’t think the guys a fraud, just being dilatory at this point. On Saturday it will be two weeks with no shipping. I have rubber waiting in the garage for the wheels.

Should I cancel and move on?

thx

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ordered a set of 2022 limited 20” takeoffs (painted polished) on Sept 17, and paid 300 for shipping. Haven’t shipped yet. Seller has no history on ebay - and joined in May of 22. I emailed and asked for tracking etc and so far got two responses. First was - will ship later this week ( meaning last week) and indicated early this week that he has been busy etc an will ship and send me tracking info shortly.

I have sold some expensive stuff online and ship asap after purchase. (Immediately) Don’t think the guys a fraud, just being dilatory at this point. On Saturday it will be two weeks with no shipping. I have rubber waiting in the garage for the wheels.

Should I cancel and move on?

thx
Give him the ultimatum of provide tracking info by Saturday or you want a refund

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
ebay should provide a ship by or deliver by date. If not shipped or received by then, ask. You can always ask before that. Ebay will have you covered either way.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's apparently not a high priority for him, and that's too bad. Your transaction is a legally binding contract, and you are entirely within your rights to hold him to it. Sellers specify a handling time, (usually 2 or 3 days) which is reasonable for them to package, arrange shipping, etc. This should be stated on the item's page. If he is not in compliance with his own advertised terms, you can start a "where's my stuff" case. And if he has no history, that's also worrisome. Could be a scammer. Stay within eBay's communication protocols and refuse any off-the-books arrangements.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I say a week is more then fair since it’s a rather large item. If it was something smaller then no more then a few days unless it was mentioned they’ll be a delay in the description or shipping information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/