5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How long for TPMS link to Truck?

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
These are the ones I bought. They came just loose in a box but they worked perfectly and registered.

Seeing as they come from Michigan and the trucks are built in Michigan I think I have an idea of why they are just loose....;)

Txd33r

Reaction score
Man that sucks, you order stuff as a package and it doesnt even work right as it should. Well my neighbor works at a tire shop and has the tpms tools so he is going to try a reset and resync but said they had this issue on another 2019 with aftermarket tpms and thd fix was oem
Yea that’s exactly what I thought. I do appreciate them paying $260 in swap out fees though and giving me my money back on the units. Just cost me like 4 weeks of screwing around. On a side note discount brought their scanner out with both sets of CO sensors and none would ever read.

Checkmate251

Reaction score
I’m still dealing with CO on this, tried numerous shops and no ones Scanner tool would link them up, put 100+ miles on new truck running all over to different shops as CO told me some tpms scanners work better to link them up then others with the ITM sensors
After a lengthy discussion with CO they admitted they have trouble with new Rams! They supposedly are going to use OEM ones from now on after all the complaints.
They refunded my money for the tpms and I spoke with the maker of the ITM sensors and bought there scanner from amazon for 95$ with my refunded money because that’s what CO said they used.
Still did not link up with there scanner so I talked with a very helpful person at ITM who walked through the process and still no luck, he said there must be some coded errors with the updates for the 2020 and said he would get right on it and be in touch with me. Been a week now and have not heard yet back from him! Very frustrating that CO would use these knowing there was issues!!

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just get OEM ones. The ones in that eBay link I posted earlier are OEM and cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread