5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How long for TPMS link to Truck?

Checkmate251

Reaction score
Got new wheels and tires with TPMS installed from Custom Offset, they have been scanned by dealer to link up and scanner says link completed, but still shows no pressure and I still get a service tpms warning! It’s been driven twice for about 20 miles each time and started and turned off several times and still nothing!
They are in there because the scanner showed pressures in each tire. Any idea how long to connect?

stevj

Reaction score
On a clear day, I can see Seattle from my house.
If your Ram is 2019 or newer, it requires Tire Pressure Sending Unit 68293199AA. This unit is automatically sensed by the vehicle and also automatically configured and matched to the wheel in which it is installed, with no "programming" necessary. There is a turn-on procedure with these, so make sure that gets done.

Steve

Last edited:

Checkmate251

Reaction score
If your Ram is 2019 or newer, it requires Tire Pressure Sending Unit 68293199AA. This unit is automatically sensed by the vehicle and also automatically configured and matched to the wheel in which it is installed, with no "programming" necessary. There is a turn-on procedure with these, so make sure that gets done.

Steve
Thanks for the info!
They knew year of my truck when I ordered, I hope they are the correct ones!
Do you know if not those ones can others be scanned to sink up with my truck?

Moe1962

Reaction score
I bought new Mopar sensors from Ebay. Never synched anything and never got a TPMS light and tire pressures showed up in about 5 miles.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I hate to be “ the one “ but I would have oem ones installed and not wait for theirs to activate.

Checkmate251

Reaction score
I hate to be “ the one “ but I would have oem ones installed and not wait for theirs to activate.
I know, my 2016 I did wheels and tires on I did OEM ones and they blinked right up!
The guy at Custom Offset assured me they have used this brand ITM for years and the link up with usually no problems! I’ve gone to two more stores in the sensors don’t even show up I called back today and they said I have to find someone with an ITM scanner supposedly! Starting to get pissed I paid $178 for these and I told them in the beginning to used OEM ones and they said they preferred these! LOL

NJC1684

Reaction score
Been posted numerous times by others having the same issue w/ the CO sensors. Would have been much simpler & cheaper to purchase OEM sensors.

Checkmate251

Reaction score
Been posted numerous times by others having the same issue w/ the CO sensors. Would have been much simpler & cheaper to purchase OEM sensors.
I’m going to tell them I want my $175 refunded I paid for the TPMS Since I have driven all over trying to get these linked and I am going to buy the ITM programmer that they use and said they don’t have a problem with, I can get on Amazon for 100 bucks and program them myself!
I bought a package deal and I asked if the could do the OEM ones and they said they don’t have any issues with these!! Live and learn I guess but I wanted a whole package deal delivered to my door so I didn’t have to have guys around here mount and balance, been down that road before! Not really and off road shops by me, just your normal car tire shops that have scratched my wheels before mounting big tires!

NJC1684

Reaction score
I’m going to tell them I want my $175 refunded I paid for the TPMS Since I have driven all over trying to get these linked and I am going to buy the ITM programmer that they use and said they don’t have a problem with, I can get on Amazon for 100 bucks and program them myself!
I bought a package deal and I asked if the could do the OEM ones and they said they don’t have any issues with these!! Live and learn I guess but I wanted a whole package deal delivered to my door so I didn’t have to have guys around here mount and balance, been down that road before! Not really and off road shops by me, just your normal car tire shops that have scratched my wheels before mounting big tires!

Ask for a partial refund & pick up an OEM set eBay & enjoy your new setup!

Last edited:

Checkmate251

Reaction score
Ask for a partial refund & pick up an OEM set eBay & enjoy the your new setup!
Thanks, I can do that just scares me to have local shops dismount and remount tires on black wheels!! Black wheels seem to scratch so easy, my local guys got crude equipment!

Moe1962

Reaction score
I was told by a tire shop once before that the battery in them only last around 5 years. Who knows how long the one's they used sat on the shelf. They may not have issues with then, but if the ones they used in your tires are old, that could be the issue.

Checkmate251

Reaction score
They refunded me the money I paid for them, I ordered the correct ITM scanner for these sensors! Hope this works if not scanner gets returned and I guess I live with the dash light On! I’m not risking changing them out and damaging a wheel!

msnyder1112

Reaction score
I'm dealing with the same thing! I bought a set of wheels and tpms from CO. The sensors NEVER registered...
I got them replaced from a Mr Tire (Monro) and they destroyed a rim. They are replacing it, thankfully.
CO did refund the sensors and the cost of removing them.

I was told that the 40$ oem ones from ebay work great, as long as they are the correct part time. I got them and still only 3 of them registered..
I'm thinking the 4th one could be destroyed from Mr Tire's recklessness... They did destroy one of my rims finishes... they wanted to send it off to get repaired but I demanded them order a new rim.

msnyder1112

Reaction score
They refunded me the money I paid for them, I ordered the correct ITM scanner for these sensors! Hope this works if not scanner gets returned and I guess I live with the dash light On! I’m not risking changing them out and damaging a wheel!
I have an autel scanner and the 5th gen Rams arent in their database yet.

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I bought the eBay OEM sensors and they linked up within a few miles. Zero programming or scanning.

Checkmate251

Reaction score
I'm dealing with the same thing! I bought a set of wheels and tpms from CO. The sensors NEVER registered...
I got them replaced from a Mr Tire (Monro) and they destroyed a rim. They are replacing it, thankfully.
CO did refund the sensors and the cost of removing them.

I was told that the 40$ oem ones from ebay work great, as long as they are the correct part time. I got them and still only 3 of them registered..
I'm thinking the 4th one could be destroyed from Mr Tire's recklessness... They did destroy one of my rims finishes... they wanted to send it off to get repaired but I demanded them order a new rim.
That’s why I’m always scared to death to have these places work on my wheels that’s why I ordered the whole package through Custom Offset so if they damage the wheel there they would replace it before they even sent it, I’m waiting to see if this ITM scanner works!

Stryker6040

Reaction score
I just installed a set of wheels and tires from CO with their tpms sensors, ordered and received in may 2020. Have over 100 miles on truck since swap And still no pressures and constant dash light, they had me take photos of the stems and said since they have gold threads they are sensor stems. Is there a reset procedure for these trucks or just drive them to register truck keeps trying to pick up oem factory ones that are stored in the garage

Txd33r

Reaction score
I did the same thing as y’all. I had custom send me another set and pay the discount tire invoice as well. Second set didn’t sync either so I had them refund me and pay for the second discount tire invoice to swap oem units I purchased on eBay. Within 5 min of driving on interstate oems synced up no problems. I sent custom their 8 sensors back.

Stryker6040

Reaction score
Man that sucks, you order stuff as a package and it doesnt even work right as it should. Well my neighbor works at a tire shop and has the tpms tools so he is going to try a reset and resync but said they had this issue on another 2019 with aftermarket tpms and thd fix was oem

Users who are viewing this thread