5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How long do you think you could go without personalizing your new Ram lol.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My wife complains that even before signing for things, I’ve already ordered parts. What can I say I have a weakness. To me no matter how great I think a vehicle is, I don’t want the same one parked next to me at the light. What say yee folks ? Also this is just a light hearted posting so no personal affronts please against what folks have done or want to do with their Ram. :)

RookieDDZ

Reaction score
I'm very similar. I want to be a little different than stock, to stand out (but only a little). But I did that with all my toys too. I didn't want a cruiser, or a sport bike, so I got something in the middle. Fits me more and it's a little different.
Once I found the truck and confirmed it was mine, then I ordered. I started small, ordered the tonneau cover and Lamin-X fog covers first and had them before I took delivery of the truck. I've done some small pieces since, but I'm not done. The wife doesn't complain too much, I spread out the purchases to help. Plus I don't like to buy everything at once.
In the end, it's all good fun and it keeps us busy.

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm very similar. I want to be a little different than stock, to stand out (but only a little). But I did that with all my toys too. I didn't want a cruiser, or a sport bike, so I got something in the middle. Fits me more and it's a little different.
Once I found the truck and confirmed it was mine, then I ordered. I started small, ordered the tonneau cover and Lamin-X fog covers first and had them before I took delivery of the truck. I've done some small pieces since, but I'm not done. The wife doesn't complain too much, I spread out the purchases to help. Plus I don't like to buy everything at once.
In the end, it's all good fun and it keeps us busy.

Spot on...

I too am a middle of the road guy. Don’t want anything too lifted or too aggressive. I don’t off road at all and tow only occasionally. I started with Mopar running boards and a Mopar soft roll up tonneau... then husky mud guards. Next after that was blacking out all the emblems and blacked out Mopar exhaust tips. Last step happens today, and that is the switch to Built to Serve style gray OEM rims... and then round 1 is done! Pics should be up tomorrow.
Round 2 will be the switch to more A/T type tires, maybe going up one size, from 275/55/20 to 285/65/20. Still not sure on the brand but narrowed down to Falken, Cooper and Bridgestone. Also plan on doing a spray in bed liner

puba08

Reaction score
Don’t even have my BTS Ram yet and deciding on which tires I want. May switch to an AT or XT/RT this time around (usually only run MT’s). Don’t wanna rub, trim, or heat anything in the wheel well either so I’m gonna stay 35/11.5 instead of 35/12.5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i had my new exhaust on my truck on day 3 of ownership! Leveling kit, tires, and wheels were all on at about 6 months, everything after that has been small things but still lots to do yet lol. One thing i've found that sort of resists my urge to buy new "parts" is trying new detailing products instead. A lot cheaper too haha

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Right there with you guys. I normally do tonneau cover, bed mat, step bars, mud guards, A/T tires, and floor mats right away. After that it's level the front, and lighting. I just picked up my EcoDiesel last week and it came with the ORP so I have the decent Falken Wild peaks already but I hate that they are 32" tires. I may run these ones out before I get new ones though. So I am probably going to wait on leveling because the tires already look too small. It's going to be hard for me to make it that long though.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Right away. I looked and started a list of things I wanted even before I made a deal on the truck. Even though first few mods are more for practically then being different.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My wife complains that even before signing for things, I’ve already ordered parts. What can I say I have a weakness. To me no matter how great I think a vehicle is, I don’t want the same one parked next to me at the light. What say yee folks ? Also this is just a light hearted posting so no personal affronts please against what folks have done or want to do with their Ram. :)
Almost a whole week for me! :cry:

badpewterz

Reaction score
bed liner and toneau ordered and delivered before my plates came in.
me not "modding" means im not opening the engine on it lol

JF19Longhorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This one, hopefully awhile since I have other toys to keep me busy. Only things I've done I consider functional, not personalizing. (BakFlip MX4, misc cargo organizer stuffs in bed, and 20% tint)

*I did change the gawdy chrome mirror skull caps to body colored ones.

ClancyO

Reaction score
Couple of years ago, a good friend of mine leased a new camaro 1SS, manual. Chevy locks out 2 & 3 forcing you to skip shift 1 to 4 in certain circumstances. You can buy a dongle that plugs inline on the transmission to prevent that. He never did because it was a lease, I would have ordered it before I left the finance office...

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Couple of years ago, a good friend of mine leased a new camaro 1SS, manual. Chevy locks out 2 & 3 forcing you to skip shift 1 to 4 in certain circumstances. You can buy a dongle that plugs inline on the transmission to prevent that. He never did because it was a lease, I would have ordered it before I left the finance office...
My 04 GTO had that skip shift "feature". I bought the skip-shift eliminator and short throw shifter the same day I brought that car home. ;)

I never keep a vehicle completely stock. Even if it's something minor like painting the tow hooks or adding tint to the windows.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
^^^^. Like what for example please ? :)

Tonneau cover, clear bra etc since it’s my DD work truck that usually travels out of state lines often gotta do what I can to protect from wear and tear. Obvious cover to keep my tools/clothing dry lol. Eventually either Amp steps (might see about transferring my old pair from 14 over or go Mopar powersteps ) cause it’s gets annoying when u gotta climb in and out often

One of the reasons I went Laramie this time around (last Ram was an Express) was to save myself the hassle of having to add and swap out things especially nowadays with limited time. No need to go with an aftermarket headunit, add a backup camera, Katskin leather, remote start etc. maybe I’m getting old lol. With way less free time nowadays I find myself trying to avoid to much modding and gotta constantly remind myself “work truck” so I have to be practically and not go overboard and keep it easily road worthy. Nothing like driving 20+ hours to another job site with a straight pipe exhaust nope nope not going to happen lol.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread