5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How is it that some dealers still have new 2022's on the lot?

yellowboy

Reaction score
Not to mention this truck has so many problems they won't get them ironed out before the new generation is released

RedFred

Reaction score
You got me curious, so I searched a 100 mile radius on Autotrader. Wow, 19 of them. Looked like most were Black Widows or some other overpriced dealer package.
Yeah there are still a lot of the trucks that got the lift kits put on.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
This got me curious, so I looked within 25 miles. There's only 4. I picked one to randomly check. 4X4 with skid plates, floor mats, trailer mirrors, trailer brakes, bed utility group. And the V6. They're gonna end up warrantying the battery before it sells.

Another one that I am surprised about: a Bighorn 4X4 with one option: 20" Chrome wheels. If someone was looking for a fleet truck, they could probably get this for less than a new Tradesman.

This one doesn't look half bad. And the dealer website has it on sale for $49,990

azzx

Reaction score
Watch this and the rest of this series about the scumbag dealers that will eventually either succumb to reality or go out of business over the next few years.
It is totally pathetic for Stelantis and most of the idiot dealer network to ignore that the RAM trucks are not selling as much as 2-3 years ago. Not any different for the Ford dealers that are still marking up trucks for "market value" ------------ Market value of what???

runamuck

Reaction score
I watched a video a cpl. months ago where a guy had visited a couple of ford dealers to see how well the electric trucks were selling and the two dealers he went to only had a few but they were 1 and 2 years on the lot and were all over 100K. he said at that time nationwide there was a 377 day supply of them. at those prices and today's finance rates, many folks couldnt qualify for the loan. when I bought my '22 ram 2500 dsl..all the new ones were on a stop sale but I was lucky and found a lightly used one with all the options I was looking for. 67k for 77k msrp. not too terrible a deal so nabbed it.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I watched a video a cpl. months ago where a guy had visited a couple of ford dealers to see how well the electric trucks were selling and the two dealers he went to only had a few but they were 1 and 2 years on the lot and were all over 100K. he said at that time nationwide there was a 377 day supply of them. at those prices and today's finance rates, many folks couldnt qualify for the loan. when I bought my '22 ram 2500 dsl..all the new ones were on a stop sale but I was lucky and found a lightly used one with all the options I was looking for. 67k for 77k msrp. not too terrible a deal so nabbed it.
The Lightning hasn't even been out for a full year yet. No way there were some that had been on the lot for two years

spyder

Reaction score
I found a 2022 on a lot on the other side of the country that had everything I wanted. Contacted the dealership for a quote and to let them know I was very interested and would fly out the following week and drive it home if we could work a deal. They were COMPLETELY unwilling to negotiate on the price, which was somewhere around 6k higher than the truck I wound up buying, which was a '23 with nearly identical buildout and a color I actually liked better. I attempted contact several times, showed them quotes for similar newer trucks in my area that I was goign to buy if they wouldn't sell, and they were unwilling to drop the price. They were asking damn near MSRP for it. I don't get it, but they were not at all interested in selling it.

It's still there today, too, for the same price.

RedFred

Reaction score
I found a 2022 on a lot on the other side of the country that had everything I wanted. Contacted the dealership for a quote and to let them know I was very interested and would fly out the following week and drive it home if we could work a deal. They were COMPLETELY unwilling to negotiate on the price, which was somewhere around 6k higher than the truck I wound up buying, which was a '23 with nearly identical buildout and a color I actually liked better. I attempted contact several times, showed them quotes for similar newer trucks in my area that I was goign to buy if they wouldn't sell, and they were unwilling to drop the price. They were asking damn near MSRP for it. I don't get it, but they were not at all interested in selling it.

It's still there today, too, for the same price.
That's insane, but doesn't surprise me. They have these trucks that are a depreciating asset at this point with no hope of going up in value, and they are still holding out for top dollar. Your story also reminds me of a truck I was looking at last year. I went into the dealership to make a deal, they refused to budge off msrp here in NJ. I watched that truck sit on the lot for another 7 months and go into the new year as a leftover before it finally sold and left their inventory. :(

spyder

Reaction score
I looked it up after writing that. They're asking almost 10k more than I paid for my 2023. It's a V6 truck, and the one I wound up buying is a Hemi. I would have preferred the V6 actually, but I'm not paying WAY more for minimal fuel savings.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's insane, but doesn't surprise me. They have these trucks that are a depreciating asset at this point with no hope of going up in value, and they are still holding out for top dollar. Your story also reminds me of a truck I was looking at last year. I went into the dealership to make a deal, they refused to budge off msrp here in NJ. I watched that truck sit on the lot for another 7 months and go into the new year as a leftover before it finally sold and left their inventory. :(

Some of the salesmen who get a commission might rather let the dealership take a depreciation hit than have it show up on their own paperwork. And for some, I think its an ego thing. One of my former bosses had a travel trailer he no longer used in the back lot. It was a pretty nice trailer in its day. He had a friend who would visit a few times a year, and they would sit around and smoke cigars and talk about racin'. The friend would try to buy the trailer from him, and several time offered him a price that I thought was more than fair, probably more than it was worth. But the boss wouldn't budge an inch, wanted full retail for it. This went on for several years, with corrosion and rot setting in, ultimately sent it to the scrapyard for pennies. Could have got good money and use out of it, but it was more important for these "salesmen" to try to screw each other.

Users who are viewing this thread