5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How full do you fill with gas?

AV8OR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When I was a kid the gas pumps couldn’t go above $0.99 per gallon.

So with the original OPEC embargo in 1973 (?) the gas stations just set the pumps to half the price per gallon and doubled your purchase price at the register.

I guess $10 plus per gallon is the all new $0.99 technology hurtle.

Also it was unheard of pumping your own gas.

Grimgreg

Reaction score
I never go below 1/4, and fill to full, or what the particular pump is limited to. Hit one last month that cut off at $76, put me at 7/8 tank at the time so meh.

TTFD753

Reaction score
Wait until the low fuel warning appears then fill up til it clicks, then add another click.

Moosefire66

Reaction score
Off/On Ramps are the best spots.....quick and never lose much track position to the idiots you worked so hard to pass.

I don't go below 1/4. This winter in VA when the wonderful state/VDOT, etc. had the mishap on 95 in the snow is a good reason why.... never know when you may be stuck somewhere.
Been on the Jersey Tpke for hours due to an accident closure when my kids were really young and glad we weren't the ones on E.
In winter I try to stay at or above 1/2 tank for same reasons. I try to keep my wife up there too but she doesn't care as much as I do...

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread