5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How full do you fill with gas?

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
I have the 33g tank and use my RAM as my daily driver, so I fill up almost weekly. If I ONLY drive to work and back, I can make it 2 weeks on a tank. I use the 2 click method (fill to click, wait 30 seconds, fill to click, done) and rarely go below 1/4 tank.

blazenlo

Reaction score
Keep going until a little dribbles out..

iu

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just fill it until it clicks off and put the nozzle back. I don't understand the multiple clicks. It doesn't add enough gas to justify the dicking around. 🤣

I usually fill up when I get between 1/2 and 1/4 of a tank.
And "topping off" after initial click can lead to problems if fuel gets into vent line and charcoal canister. Probably some of the problem people have filling their tanks.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a 33 gallon tank and 3.21 gearing. I found out in another thread that my truck can't pull that much weight in the fuel tank because I don't have 3.92s. (<- Glad to find out. Thanks!) So, now, I only fill it halfway.

;)

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 33 gallon tank and 3.21 gearing. I found out in another thread that my truck can't pull that much weight in the fuel tank because I don't have 3.92s. (<- Glad to find out. Thanks!) So, now, I only fill it halfway.

;)
You don't load anything else with half a tank of fuel do you? If you need to haul anything with those 3.21s, you probably should just disconnect the tank and run what's in the lines.

You're welcome. 🍻

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I fill it all the way and let it click one more time. I usually fill it once a week usually just over half empty.

Croman91

Reaction score
Let the pump stop, 30 seconds later fill till it stops again.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
And "topping off" after initial click can lead to problems if fuel gets into vent line and charcoal canister. Probably some of the problem people have filling their tanks.
Exactly. I was just gonna post this. In the past I topped off and learned the hard way with repair costs down the road in the vent system. I’m done at the first click now. No need to get that extra few ounces in the tank.

U

User_3336

I just fill 5 gallons at a time for 3 times(different days), so I can get 50 cents off a gallon (up to 20) on my next fill @ Shell! :->

Users who are viewing this thread