5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How far has your Hemi gone on a full tank of gas?

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Question for those of us that fill up around the 1/4 tank mark: If at 1/4 tank just when the low fuel light comes on, how many gallons are you able to add? Primarily interested in those with 26 gallon fuel tanks. I can't seem to get past 17-18 gallons, and that's with a brand new fuel pump and fuel tank.

The first or second low fuel light?

The remaining gallons after the first low fuel light varies, as it comes on when it estimates 50 miles to empty.

When the 2nd low fuel light comes on there are about 2 gallons left

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have 3.92’s, 26gal, stock tires, mine went F to E.....If I crush the right leg fun button, I can get to E in about 5 hours......🤪 ....all highway 440 miles 21.1 mpg hand calc, 21.3 on evic. Could have gotten 50 more or so. Had about 5 gallons left

Last edited:

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've done 475 miles with my 26 gallon tank. Cincinnati to almost Green Bay, WI. I think it worked about to about 21 MPG

Ratchet

Reaction score
The first or second low fuel light?

The remaining gallons after the first low fuel light varies, as it comes on when it estimates 50 miles to empty.

When the 2nd low fuel light comes on there are about 2 gallons left
I was completely unaware of the 2nd warning.

Ratchet

Reaction score
10 is the last mile range the dash will show. After that it will just say “Low”. That’s when ~2 gallons are left
Cool. I appreciate the info on that. I rarely let my vehicles get near 1/4 plus it disables the remote start. And man we need it here this time of year. The humidity is so thick that you can grill it.

bskubon

Reaction score
Ya, WTF is that about disabiling the remote start with low fuel. I too was right below 1/4 tank and could not remote start. Just wondering the logic here.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Ya, WTF is that about disabiling the remote start with low fuel. I too was right below 1/4 tank and could not remote start. Just wondering the logic here.
I believe it’s because the truck could be sitting on an incline when it reads 1/4 so it could have substantially less fuel . The remote start disables then so it doesn’t run out of gas .

41magmag41

Reaction score
26 gallon tank on my 2019 1500, 5.7, 3.92 rears, 4x4, pretty stock and I average 19.4 to 20.0 all the time with normal driving. I run with the ac on and on highway driving average 75 t0 80 mph. I figure with 2 gallon reserve I'll get roughly 480 miles on a tank full. As said in previous post the computer is within .2 to .3 of gallon of hand calculations.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
More miles than my old bladder can hold. My 23 gallon tank works perfectly for me at my age. A 33 gallon tank would have to come with a genuine Mopar catheter and drainage bag…and a physical therapist at every gas station to help get my crippled, stoved up *** out of my truck!

dsmonline

Reaction score
I have taken 3 separate 1,000 plus mile trips, drove 675, 702 and 683 miles on a full tank, while never being able to put in more than near 32 gals on fill up. I always seem to be over 20 mpg with mixed driving, can't remember when was the last time I saw 19.x mpg on a fill up. I have no idea why others get such poor gas mileage, other than it has to be driving style.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have taken 3 separate 1,000 plus mile trips, drove 675, 702 and 683 miles on a full tank, while never being able to put in more than near 32 gals on fill up. I always seem to be over 20 mpg with mixed driving, can't remember when was the last time I saw 19.x mpg on a fill up. I have no idea why others get such poor gas mileage, other than it has to be driving style.
Grandma, is that you??? :ROFLMAO:
Driving style definitely plays a huge role in fuel economy. Search on hyper-miling for details.

Users who are viewing this thread