5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How does your Ram do in the snow?

Kaderast

Reaction score
Figure it might be a fun time of year to post some pics of our trucks in the snow, stuck in the ditch, pulling out a friend, etc.

I will say I was slightly skeptical of the Falken Wildpeaks in the winter, but so far I have been very impressed. 20220106_101901.jpg

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine did pretty well in the Houston icemageddon storm last year.

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine did fine in the big storm we had last year. Dumped like 13"-14" and I had to drive home from work in it. Only time I've really had to use 'real' 4wd instead of auto. No pics though. Was too busy avoiding idiots on the road.

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does surprisingly well with the GY Fortitudes so far. Had to take a detour to work one night. The back road was a sheet of ice, put it in 4wd auto, zero slippage. I was really impressed.

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had no problem pulling my fishhouse around on unplowed lakes with my RAM last winter. I actually wish I would have taken some pictures of some of the stuff I got through. I did have to engage the e-locker a couple times but once I did that I had no issues.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They've all done fine, all of my rams have had 3.92 gears but of more relevance here, also with the anti spin, and with either bfg ko2s or falken wildpeak at3s. No pictures of my 2011 in snow surprisingly but have some of my others:

IMG_1227.JPG
IMG_1219.JPG
IMG_4690.jpg
IMG_4702.jpg

Also got to experience that Southern and Texas winter storm last February, driving from upstate NY to College Station Tx and back, with every travel day atrocious except for our very last returning home (the shortest leg, from Cleveland back into NY). The worst day was also the longest from a mileage and time standpoint, 800 miles over 16 hours from College Station to Nashville, in either complete ice or blinding snow/ice for the entire day. Here's some pictures of my truck along the way during that fun trip:

IMG_4837.JPG
IMG_4852.jpg
IMG_4854.jpg

The 21 that I have now has the same setup drivetrain wise as my first 3 rams so I expect that aspect to perform the same, my tires are slightly different in that they are the factory version of the falken wildpeaks, the at3wa instead of at3w that I've had in the past. They look a little less aggressive but we haven't really gotten any real amount of snow here yet to test them out, so far they have been good in wet situations otherwise.

Not really big into using 4x4 often in the snow unless it's completely necessary, but have found it adequate when needed.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
With the right tires, they go good in the snow. The stock Duelers are junk. I drove in one snowstorm with them and that was enough…it was awful. They even suck in the rain…

After putting the General Grabbers on, I haven’t had any issues driving in snow at all. However, I was driving in freezing rain yesterday up in Maine before they treated the roads and I was sliding all over the place, as was everyone else.

117FC08F-0C41-4204-8464-BF2C252F306B.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread