5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How does this happen?

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Washed truck this morning and applied tire shine so I know was not there, noticed later at a gas station. Almost looks like someone put it in their but they only place I parked was a Chipotle for 10 minutes and truck was parked in view of the windows where people could see out.

1546715174280.png

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I might suspect foul play if front, but rear, idk.

Things like that are almost always rear. Front tire kicks up a nail, rear tire snags it.

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's a shame. Tire will probably have to be replaced.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this, but any quality tire place can get the wheel lock off, you’re going to need a way to purchase a new key or have all those locks removed sadly. :(

Larry Crim

Reaction score
first thing I did was take those stupid wheel locks off the dealer installed, if you want to remove them without a key just take a spark plug socket place it over the lock smack it once with a hammer then impact or wrench it off. they are useless.

S

Smashy71

I had the dull side of an air chuck go through a ridge grappler. Even the tire guy was baffled. He replaced it under warranty. Weird things happen.

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had the dull side of an air chuck go through a ridge grappler. Even the tire guy was baffled. He replaced it under warranty. Weird things happen.

There's quite a bit of talk on Toyota 4Runner forum about the Ridge Grapplers not being durable. Maybe it's true?

Users who are viewing this thread