5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you wash your truck?

Agitated

Reaction score
I go through a good ol fashion car wash with the scrub brushes and everything. I’m not a guy who wants to polish everything up weekly. Not entering it in to any car shows. It tows the cars to the show.

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I go through a good ol fashion car wash with the scrub brushes and everything. I’m not a guy who wants to polish everything up weekly. Not entering it in to any car shows. It tows the cars to the show.
Haha. I like that. No shame in that at all.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just took mine through a high-end brushless car wash today. Not concerned about it causing issues in the paint but dang it did a poor job! I think the nooks and crannies on the '19 just can't be gotten to with an automatic car wash.
It had issues with regular problem areas like around the mirror (was able to make it through without retracting them) but the Limited grille didn't even look washed. The areas inside the door handles and the chrome inserts on them were barely washed. The curved in portions of cab and bed where they meet was missed as well. The tailgate was 75% untouched.

After I had to spend another 20 minutes washing all the missed areas I think I'm done with drive through car washes. A new handwash shop just opened up near me so I'll be stopping in to see how much of an arm they charge.

BigBRebel

Reaction score

Right. It sounds like everyone else puts on their pink panties to wash their trucks. Lol

NeedMo$

Reaction score
My personal preference is to wash by hand using 2 bucket method and a nice microfiber mitt. However, depending upon the region you live in, this is not possible all year long. When the temps drop into the 30's and 40's and lower, water to the outside on my home is turned off and hoses stored for winter. No way I am hand washing one of my vehicles at this time of year. I have no choice but to use local car wash especially after snowfall to rinse salt from body and undercarriage. Not everyone has the luxury of warm climate year round.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online