5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you make wireless charging work?

Bwarren2

Reaction score
Is it setup in the phone or in the truck...or both. My phone supports wireless charging

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No setup required that I know of..i just place my S7 on the pad and it takes like 5 seconds or so and it will start charging. It's a tad touchy about positioning

Bwarren2

Reaction score
It worked on a limited I drove a month or so but can't figure it out in a rebel

Socks

Reaction score
Do you have a thick case? I know when I did my test drive. It worked when I got it in just the right spot. But when I took case off, it just worked

sgk

Reaction score
I was having some trouble, but I think i figured it out now. First, although it may be obvious blinking red is not working and solid blue means its charging. I did not know that at first so who knows maybe there is others "dumb" will not "dumb" but umm dumb like me.
Next, from my experience, it needs to be firmly in its spot and on the driver's side portion I like to keep it a few inches from the right so I can see the light. All the way to the left side is just a phone holder not a charger.
Again don't know if this is true but for me, i find it only charges when wifi is on should not make sense but tried it a few times and im confused but I keep wifi on just about all the time.

I may have this all wrong but if i do then my charger is just finicky.

Bwarren2

Reaction score
Well somehow worelss charging has disapeared from my Note 8! A few others have had the same issue

Kidder

Reaction score
Well somehow worelss charging has disapeared from my Note 8! A few others have had the same issue
Works fine for my Note 8. I lay it on its side all the way to the left. Charges every time and I can leave it in the case.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Another thing to keep in mind on wireless charging with an aftermarket charger (not designed by phone manufacturer) is alignment. Most common today is magnetic induction and there is a small sweet spot where wireless charging works at full capacity. Deviate from this slightly and you can drop 50% of charging capacity. Another slight deviation and you have no wireless charging.
Finding this sweet spot varies from phone to phone. You need to experiment to figure out if your phone's inductor is installed high, low, or center and then figure out where the Ramcharger inductor is so you can line them up. No alignment, no charging.

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
@rdz418 is correct, the current rebel doesn’t have wireless charging. I pulled a fully loaded rebel build sheet and it is not listed. It is included in a fully loaded limited.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
@rdz418 is correct, the current rebel doesn’t have wireless charging. I pulled a fully loaded rebel build sheet and it is not listed. It is included in a fully loaded limited.
That explains why it’s not working ;0
On trucks that have it, the inductive charging works surprisingly well. Color me impressed. This is my first vehicle (and phone) with it.

Too bad we don’t have wireless CarPlay yet... One can only hope that it will come with a software update and not need upgraded hardware on UConnect’s end.

Bwarren2

Reaction score

This really pisses me off, my Rebel is only a few $$k shy of a limited and it's missing a number of options

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
This really pisses me off, my Rebel is only a few $$k shy of a limited and it's missing a number of options
I don’t blame you. I’d be really pissed also.
I just understand the mentality. At least make it a friggin option. Sheesh...

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Actually surprised the rebel 12 doesn’t have it.

Yedi

Reaction score

Dres79

Reaction score
Yeah , no option for the Rebrl. BUT since it can be installed and I’m sure I’ll dump $200 on this truck for other really not so necessary things I may do it. I’ll start looking around for install options.

Fidomac

Reaction score
Another thing to keep in mind on wireless charging with an aftermarket charger (not designed by phone manufacturer) is alignment. Most common today is magnetic induction and there is a small sweet spot where wireless charging works at full capacity. Deviate from this slightly and you can drop 50% of charging capacity. Another slight deviation and you have no wireless charging.
Finding this sweet spot varies from phone to phone. You need to experiment to figure out if your phone's inductor is installed high, low, or center and then figure out where the Ramcharger inductor is so you can line them up. No alignment, no charging.
My iPhone 8 is finicky..... I have to Tilt it slightly to the left about an inch to the right of the blue light to get it to reliably charge

Users who are viewing this thread