5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you make wireless charging work?

Ggcnash

Reaction score
Has anyone installed an OEM one, wondering how hard it would be?

TVANVA

Reaction score
Actually, yes. It is moderately difficult, mainly that you are likely to have to solder some connections to existing wires up under the dash. The mechanical piece has a lot of steps, but none of those very difficult.

See this thread, starting with Post #1: https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/wireless-phone-charger-install.9433/#post-134029

My phone is an i8 with a Morphie case that provides the wireless charging. I use it all the time now. I had trouble at first getting it to work consistently, but it works every time now that I have found the "sweet spot" to place the phone. For me, it is all the way to the left.

The good news is that it worked just fine even though I didn't have the dealer "flash" the sales code into the truck.

02player02

Reaction score
Can anybody take a picture of how they position their phone on the charging pad? Can't get mine to work.

19 ram 1500 big horn
Samsung note 10

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

antwon412

Reaction score
The people saying it is not available on the Rebel are no longer correct. I have a 2020 Rebel and it has wireless charging. It’s in one of the options groups. The convenience group I think

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
The good news is that it worked just fine even though I didn't have the dealer "flash" the sales code into the truck.
You're lucky haha i found out i don't need the dealer if pin 45 is occupied after i paid him to flash it :D
Anyway... It wasn't that hard to install, Just time consuming. You do need some knowledge in soldering and lots of common sense to find the right connectors and wires, the instructions were bad in this aspect. Still works great, A year later...

xcarolina

Reaction score
Can anybody take a picture of how they position their phone on the charging pad? Can't get mine to work.

19 ram 1500 big horn
Samsung note 10

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
I have no way of taking the picture, but I'll do the best I can to describe it to you, I have a note 10 as well, 2020 1500 limited.

The little "lip" in front of the pad that says Ramcharger is flexible. The back of your phone needs to be up tight against it. Even with an OtterBox on my phone this works for me. Push your your phone down into the gap SIDEWAYS and push down and all the way to the left. Wait a few seconds and the light should turn blue. Blue means charging.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread