5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I tap into Turn Signal wires for LED hood light ?

piggyzw

Reaction score
Hi Folks, Not sure if theis has been asked before, but I want to install a hood LED light strip with turn signal functionality but not sure where to tap into for the turn signal wires ? Any help or pics/videos would be greatly appreciated.

One_like_God

Reaction score
Following this thread... Have you found a fix yet?

I have the same question/problem. I installed 2 grille lights with turn signal integration, but I cannot figure out where to tap the yellow wire from the new lights into. I tried multiple things including tapping into the individual fuses under the hood, and even running a jumper wire from the flat 4-pin trailer wires. When hooked up, it didn't matter which turn signal I would try, they BOTH would flash at the same time.

piggyzw

Reaction score
Following this thread... Have you found a fix yet?

I have the same question/problem. I installed 2 grille lights with turn signal integration, but I cannot figure out where to tap the yellow wire from the new lights into. I tried multiple things including tapping into the individual fuses under the hood, and even running a jumper wire from the flat 4-pin trailer wires. When hooked up, it didn't matter which turn signal I would try, they BOTH would flash at the same time.
No fix yet. From what I have been reading, we may be able to tap into the BCM, but I am still researching that and I don't know exactly where it is and what to tap into

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
you can tap the headlight harness directly. I THINK the turn signal wire was the white with brown tracer. I could be mistaken, but use a test light or volt meter to confirm. I tapped direct for some LED strip lights to function as turn signals on my dads 2023. No issues.

One_like_God

Reaction score
you can tap the headlight harness directly. I THINK the turn signal wire was the white with brown tracer. I could be mistaken, but use a test light or volt meter to confirm. I tapped direct for some LED strip lights to function as turn signals on my dads 2023. No issues.
Was it the halogen turn signals that you tapped into, or did your dad's 2023 have the factory led set up? I tried doing this with my 2021 bighorn. It worked when the truck was "off and in the run position" but the minute that I started the truck and tried, the amber lights remained constantly lit as if they were "running lights". I'm still trying to figure this out! It's driving me nuts!

One_like_God

Reaction score
LF is white/green and RF is white/tan on 2019.
View attachment 174698 View attachment 174717
Thank you for the diagram and description. I've tapped the red power wire directly into my fuse box, and I grounded the black wire to the chassis. That controls the white "running" lights. Those look good and work perfectly. Then I tapped the yellow wire for the turn signal feature directly into the headlamp wiring harnesses via the white/green and white/tan wires. For some reason, the additional turn signals don't work! The light stays white instead of flashing amber. I know that they're getting a power signal because I used my voltage tester, and also when I hit the unlock button on my key fob, they flash amber along with my factory signals. But they only flash the first time that I hit the button. If I hit it multiple times, the added lights don't flash like the factory ones. It's almost like they had just enough stored power to flash once. Then nothing after that. I did not install relays because I'm unfamiliar with them. Do you think that could be my problem? If so, what type of relay should I use? Thanks to any and everyone for all of the help!

Jsalze1

Reaction score
I’ve been researching myself to install hood light strip with turn signal. My kit had fuse tapper set but not micro II, so went to auto zone. I tapped into F60 because that was my only option.
I had two 20A fuses, one for LT trlr and RT. I just tested by putting the wire into the hot side of the fuse and blinker lights worked. This kit LED strip starts in the center with amber, which I can adjust. Hope this helps
Update, the turning signal fuses also activate when braking. I have disconnected those terminals.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread