5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I remove sport hood air vents?

g_svan

Reaction score
I'm about to wrap my entire truck, and will be removing all emblems and air vents. I've done emblems before, but plastic air vents I have not. I'd like to reuse the air vents, so don't want to break them...

Anyone know how this is done? Thanks in advance ;)

IMG_20190806_150424.jpg

//g_svan

Dontfront82

Reaction score
I'm about to wrap my entire truck, and will be removing all emblems and air vents. I've done emblems before, but plastic air vents I have not. I'd like to reuse the air vents, so don't want to break them...

Anyone know how this is done? Thanks in advance ;)

View attachment 32838

//g_svan
I don't, but what color are u wrapping?

JasonB

Reaction score
Removing the liner doesn't work on the large piece near the windshield. I went to remove my liner to pull that piece because of the chrome lettering, to put the black badges piece(like you have) and you cannot access the tabs. The hood isn't one piece, has a inner and outer shell. Ended up having to break tabs to pull it off.

Not sure about the nose vents. Stopped removing the liner when I could not do what I wanted.

g_svan

Reaction score
Should be able to pull the liner back off the inside of the hood and then pop the clips that are holding the vent plastic down.

That's what I figured. I'll give it a go, thanks. I'm hoping there's no glue...

//g_svan

g_svan

Reaction score
I don't, but what color are u wrapping?
No color, a design pattern. It's from one of the fabrics my company makes. I'll post a picture when it's done ;)

(U have a mockup preview in my avatar)

//g_svan

Last edited:

g_svan

Reaction score
Removing the liner doesn't work on the large piece near the windshield. I went to remove my liner to pull that piece because of the chrome lettering, to put the black badges piece(like you have) and you cannot access the tabs. The hood isn't one piece, has a inner and outer shell. Ended up having to break tabs to pull it off.

Not sure about the nose vents. Stopped removing the liner when I could not do what I wanted.
Ahh, that's what I was afraid of... Saw some text on eBay about only certified technicians should do the job - that kind of text spooked me... Worst case, I'll buy a new center piece ;)

Thanks,
g_svan

GraniteRam

Reaction score
Ahh, that's what I was afraid of... Saw some text on eBay about only certified technicians should do the job - that kind of text spooked me... Worst case, I'll buy a new center piece ;)

Thanks,
g_svan

I have a brand new center section for the hood if you end up needing one. You would just need to transfer your emblems to the new one. I bought it for the black emblems to put on my truck.

g_svan

Reaction score
I have a brand new center section for the hood if you end up needing one. You would just need to transfer your emblems to the new one. I bought it for the black emblems to put on my truck.
Good to know, thanks. Looking at the possibility of breaking clips/scratching the paint, we might just cut around, since only +6.5' people will ever see it :)

//g_svan

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So did you get the hood pieces off? I wanted to paint pieces of them but seems ridiculously hard to get them off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/