5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I hook up my Pixel 2 Phone for Google Maps to the 8.4 screen for Navigation

Johnnycat

Reaction score
Hey guys!
Total newbie here on the forum and have been trolling through looking for help. I have a 2014 Ram 2500HD. About a year ago, Uconnect and Nav stopped working despite software updates applied, and I just gave up after hours on the phone with customer service booting me to the dealer and the dealer telling me I have to go through Uconnect customer service. How the heck do I use my Google Maps through the screen? Do I need to download an app? Go easy on me, I could probably be a grandfather to most of you! Thanks in advance!!!

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Good afternoon,

We heard you were in need of some help! Your navigation should be an app in your Uconnect system. Feel free to send us a private message if you still have concerns!

Thanks,

Courtney
Ram Cares

JP_Night18

Reaction score
For 2014 model i dont think it offers google play or car play whatever its called. Im guessing your navigation expired. Reach out to RamCares above me and personal message them. They're your only help here i believe.

tim7139

Reaction score
You're well out of warranty, so your options are self research on forums or paying the dealer to diagnose.

It's not unheard of for the factory NAV radio to fail, but its rare. What is or is not happening? Are you seeing messages like "Vehicle phone requires service “, or is something missing or freezing?

As JP_Night18 mention, your vehicle will not support using Google maps from your phone with the original radio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/