5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I get Waze to stop running all the time even after I close it?

scRAMbled

Reaction score
New Ram owner here...just converted from GM trucks my whole life so bear with me. Every time I get in my truck and start it, my Waze app starts running on the Android screen. Non-nav system. How do I stop Waze from coming back on all the time? I only use it for long trips, not my normal commute and it's sucking up my data.

Kooch80

Reaction score
android or iPhone? in android auto I believe there are settings accessed via your phone on app auto start up. i would check the settings in waze as well. don't use iPhone so I have no knowledge there.

scRAMbled

Reaction score
android or iPhone? in android auto I believe there are settings accessed via your phone on app auto start up. i would check the settings in waze as well. don't use iPhone so I have no knowledge there.
Android...I've looked in Waze for settings related to that and found nothing. I'll check Android auto and see what I can find. Thanks!

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Android...I've looked in Waze for settings related to that and found nothing. I'll check Android auto and see what I can find. Thanks!

The new Android Auto wants to auto-run your choice of nav app. Since Waze is your default it auto runs it when you plug your phone in. This is an Android Auto "feature" and has nothing to do with UConnect. AFAIK the only other option would be Google maps. If I don't want nav (via AA) I just don't plug my phone in and drop it in the wireless charging slot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online