5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I get an OTA update?

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
Does it just happen automatically? Is there any indication that it happened? I have never noticed this occurring. Could it be my SW is up to date already? How do I check and what should it be?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Not automatic. It will alert you that there's an update, like this:

IMG_4861.jpeg

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
Yeah I have never seen that screen. I have had the truck since August 2019. Can you answer my other question on how to check the version I have and then what is the latest version?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Yeah I have never seen that screen. I have had the truck since August 2019. Can you answer my other question on how to check the version I have and then what is the latest version?
Press and hold the two outermost soft buttons on your screen. In my case "Sur. Cam" & "Media". When you let go you should be able to go to the service menu and look that up.

Mommanord14

Reaction score
I got the over the air update last Saturday. Well now my cameras are all screwed up. The back up camera shuts off when you go forward but the front camera comes on and stays on and no radio. Shut the truck off and the radio came on camera disappeared. My steering wheel phone controls don’t always work. The voice button won’t change radio channels. Nice update. Good thing this thing is finally going in on Wednesday for the elusive brake revision B.

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
You have to run around the truck 5 times(3 counterclockwise and 2 clockwise). Jump up and down on the rear bumper 10 times in between running around the truck each time. Then kneel down by the right side rear passenger door and say a prayer. All this while the wind is coming from due north and the truck is parked facing southwest. :);):D

TowMode

Reaction score
Mine is on 20.04.19 and I don't have any of those issues. It was a 2020 built in Feb of this year. I haven't had it long enough to compile any sort of list of issues. The only thing I have noticed is after programming everything to my fob it doesn't change the radio station like it is supposed to, unless that doesn't work on XM.

What is everyone's map version? I am on 3/27/2019 MY20.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Mine is on 20.04.19 and I don't have any of those issues. It was a 2020 built in Feb of this year. I haven't had it long enough to compile any sort of list of issues. The only thing I have noticed is after programming everything to my fob it doesn't change the radio station like it is supposed to, unless that doesn't work on XM.

19.49.13 here and also no issues.

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score

The key fob will load your user profile; i.e your radio presets, favorites(if you have more than 1 listener profile), mirrors, (if I remember correctly) driver seat, brake pedal position. Not sure on those last 2 as my wife doesn’t drive mine much. It will tune to the last preset or station that was playing. At least that’s been my experience with the fob’s.

TowMode

Reaction score
Will it tune there on SXM also? Mine will move everything as you suggest, but not tune to a specific station.

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
Will it tune there on SXM also? Mine will move everything as you suggest, but not tune to a specific station.
Last station it was Tuned to if I remember correctly. Also it might stay on the same station if both user profiles has the same station as a preset, regardless of the preset number.

BigBlueBeast

Reaction score
will this update fix weak volume levels on the HK system or is it only a uconnect thing. Thanks

coldmist

Reaction score
I wish I could get that pop up. I've never gotten an over the update, ever.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
will this update fix weak volume levels on the HK system or is it only a uconnect thing. Thanks
There must be something wrong with your system. I'd have the dealer check it out. My HK system is not weak in the least bit.

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
What weak levels are you talking about? Radio? Phone Calls? Navigation guidance? They all can be adjusted but only while they’re talking as in, when nav guidance is talking you can increase/decrease volume. Phone calls are finicky to where some you’ll have to turn up to hear and others down because they’re blaring.

Users who are viewing this thread