5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How did your Husky Mud Guards fit?

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not to pleased with the fit of the Husky Mud Guards. once fitted to the fender mounting holes the Mud Guards sit about 3/16" away from the flare.

what you see in the bottom photo is the trimmed plastic shipping cover taped to the Mud Guard wiht the gap i am not pleased with. Has any one else run into the something simular?

Ticks me off that I will probably end up cutting a slot into each of the mounting holes to bring the gap tighter. just not sure how it will effect the bottom where the factory trim piece rests in the indentation on the mud guard. it fits and looks real good at that point.

i contacted husky, waiting for a reply from the Engineering Manager.

the top photo is what husky sent to me as an example as how it should look when installed, thanks Husky from husky01.jpg p2.jpg

RebelMike

Reaction score
Wow, if that is using the mounting holes they provided, I think I would be sending them back. Unless they advise you to cut those slots, I wouldn't. Obviously something is off. Are the other ones the same way as this one?

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Obviously something is off. Are the other ones the same way as this one?

Both the rears are the same, did not try the fronts. started raining on me and i was not the happiest of campers.

the top picture sent to me from Husky is the install on the Rebel. mine is the Laramie trim.

RebelMike

Reaction score
Maybe they sent you the set for trucks with flares?

RebelMike

Reaction score
Sorry, missed that in the picture. I think I would wait to hear from them, and/or tell them you want another set.

Users who are viewing this thread