5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How Big Can I Go On My New 2019 Ram 1500 Limited 4x4?

Pwsiii

Reaction score
Have heard 35's may or may not fit. 34's no problem here Goodyear Duratrac 285/60/20. Limited with air ride, was originally going to consider leveling but probably not now.

how is the ride with those tires compared to the factory tires you took off.

Reaction score
Thumbs up for daystar spacer and revel links. Tried just links and too rough ride for me and off road 2 was problematic. Spacer gives your factory ride back and all levels work right. Went with Nitto Terra Grappler 285/55r22. Only slightly stiffer and mildly louder than stock so I’m happy. A little after install developed a clunk/creak noise when turning at slow speed from what feels and sounded like it was coming from left front. Clunk kinda sounded like a bushing knocked out of place and then squeaking back into place when straightening back out from the turn. Sound strongest when Turing into parking lots where roadways are slightly V shaped at transition. Body bolt tsb done and still there. Front sway bar links replaced but still there. Hooked up chassis ears and strongest noise coming from left air shock tower. So I’m Thinking it is the spacer. However, After eliminating tightness on all bolts and ball joints, I saw a tsb for rack and pinion. My truck was made about a week before tsb affected vehicles but it was worth a try. Replaced rack and pinion and that was it! So happy!!! Steering feels much tighter so I guess rack and pinion was defective from the start but I didn’t know any better.

Attachments

• E003272D-AD7F-452E-A2D0-F9EA800684D7.jpeg
    E003272D-AD7F-452E-A2D0-F9EA800684D7.jpeg
    267.6 KB · Views: 359

AtlasRam1500

Reaction score
Thumbs up for daystar spacer and revel links. Tried just links and too rough ride for me and off road 2 was problematic. Spacer gives your factory ride back and all levels work right. Went with Nitto Terra Grappler 285/55r22. Only slightly stiffer and mildly louder than stock so I’m happy. A little after install developed a clunk/creak noise when turning at slow speed from what feels and sounded like it was coming from left front. Clunk kinda sounded like a bushing knocked out of place and then squeaking back into place when straightening back out from the turn. Sound strongest when Turing into parking lots where roadways are slightly V shaped at transition. Body bolt tsb done and still there. Front sway bar links replaced but still there. Hooked up chassis ears and strongest noise coming from left air shock tower. So I’m Thinking it is the spacer. However, After eliminating tightness on all bolts and ball joints, I saw a tsb for rack and pinion. My truck was made about a week before tsb affected vehicles but it was worth a try. Replaced rack and pinion and that was it! So happy!!! Steering feels much tighter so I guess rack and pinion was defective from the start but I didn’t know any better.
Did you upgrade to the Mopar 2in Upper Control arms im thinking about adding these it only $100 more to add them. What you think about these and add them?

Reaction score
Did you upgrade to the Mopar 2in Upper Control arms im thinking about adding these it only $100 more to add them. What you think about these and add them?
No, I have stock arms cause info on forum states the 2in lift arms are the same and only had a little more ball joint working angle. I was told when they did alignment after spacer install that I’m about maxed on camber. I search weekly for somebody to make an upper control arm for air ride with the link ball stud for us guys that just want a level.

Nanookian

Reaction score

What setting are you in on that picture (Normal, OR1 or OR2)?

MFrench

Reaction score
So some people can fit 35/12.50/22 (stock wheel/ Limited trim) and some can’t? I’m deciding if I’m going to take a leap of faith and try. Looking at the Cooper Discoverer STT Pros 35s

AtlasRam1500

Reaction score
I installed Nitto Ridge Grappler 285/55/22 which is convert to 34.4 / 11.2 / 22 on oem wheels
I did installed Revell Links with daystar spacer 2in. I was concern about the upper control arms , So i used the one in the Mopar 2in level kit, Alignment was done. the ride changed sightly on Interstate there no change just like OEM ride, but on rough roads you can feel a very little different, Overall im happy with the out come, Nitto looks good but does not perform well in the wet grass .mud , next time i think i go with KO2, I was at a toss up of going with aftermarket wheel 20in. But i just love the oem looked, as far as rub it sighly rub on sharp turn on wheel well liners i added 3 additional plastic push tab now no rubbing at all

Users who are viewing this thread