5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hot Steering Wheel

Kamikaze6780

Reaction score
I think it has the best heated steering wheel so far. It gets so nice and hot that I just love it. Same with the seats. The longer I drive the hotter and nicer they get.

djwdjw

Reaction score
I was playing with my extra hot steering wheel yesterday while also fiddling with the driver's seat heat. It may be in my head but I noted the wheel felt cooler if my seat heater was turned down. Maybe somehow they're linked? The wheel graphic did not change it did not seem as hot. ymmv.

I further confirmed today (and I don't think it is in my head) that the hot steering wheel does indeed seem to be controlled by the heated seat setting. I turned the wheel "on" with the seat "off" and it never got blazing hot. I was able to drive with it on constantly - never getting too hot for comfort.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think it has the best heated steering wheel so far. It gets so nice and hot that I just love it. Same with the seats. The longer I drive the hotter and nicer they get.
I agree. I have a few other cars with heated wheel and I like the RAM better. The others take a long time to heat up and dont get as hot.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I further confirmed today (and I don't think it is in my head) that the hot steering wheel does indeed seem to be controlled by the heated seat setting. I turned the wheel "on" with the seat "off" and it never got blazing hot. I was able to drive with it on constantly - never getting too hot for comfort.
Interesting observation. I only run the seat warmer on low, so maybe that’s why mine never seems too hot (just right).

Mason1217

Reaction score
Wow, both the seats and the wheel suck in mine. It alls seems useless in mine.

Dgulia

Reaction score
Mine doesn't get that hot, neither in Ram or Cherokee

Adrianp89

Reaction score
Mine gets blazing hot, and its beautiful, even the woodgrain gets really hot, which suprised me.

okanagan ram

Reaction score
I find this wheel gets way too hot. Anyone else feel that way? Maybe something is wrong with mine.
i noticed that on mine as well, previous truck just got comfortable warm but this one is too hot to hold and yes, you can shut it off,but extreme hot or cold seems to be a bit too much of a gap!

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine gets hot to the point that you need to turn it off after a few minutes, same as my seats. I don’t know their design intent, whether they are suppose to get you up to temp. or be comfy the whole ride. I would think to get you up to temp. and it does work really well at doing that. Personally, I wouldn’t want it any different.

sgtsodo

Reaction score
Does anyones steering wheel shut off after a period of time? Mine appears to turn off after 30 minutes or so. But then you can turn it right back on.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyones steering wheel shut off after a period of time? Mine appears to turn off after 30 minutes or so. But then you can turn it right back on.
Mine is hit and miss... some days it stays on until manually turned off, other times its off after 30min. It has a leather defect so they're swapping it out, no timeframe given and I'm in no rush since it all seems to work fine, just the leather is wrinkled badly betwee 11, 12 and 1 oclock.

silverbullet

Reaction score
oh it's hells fire and I LOVE it. I'm glad to turn it off once in a bit when i don't need the extreme heat. I find the seats get turned down from 'high' on the regular as they burn me out eventually. I'm sure some soft-handed fool will ruin this for all of us, lol. Soft hands used to come with a firm brain. Mom was right, I am special! I got both!

silverbullet

Reaction score
That is interesting for sure. I'll have to give it a shot as well.

JRather

Reaction score
I find this wheel gets way too hot. Anyone else feel that way? Maybe something is wrong with mine.
Yes, I have this same problem to the point it feels like I could be burned. I have had other issues that needed addressed and I have not mentioned this to the dealer. Here in Montana I need this feature on cold winter mornings. I am forced to turn it off or wear gloves. Weird, since my other vehicles from FCA have this feature and it is no problem. Hope someone can tell us what is going on or if there is a fix.

James1414d

Reaction score
I don't feel like I could be burned or anything, but I definitely want it turned off after 10 mins or so.

I sure wouldn't whine to my buddies about my steering wheel getting too hot :LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Kamikaze6780

Reaction score
I guess this is one of those things where they should have 3 different heating levels for the steering wheel, just like the heated seats.

djwdjw

Reaction score
I guess this is one ohose things where they should have 3 different heating levels for the steering wheel, just like the heated seats.

I think they already do - it seems connected to my seat heat level.

TireSlayer

Reaction score
I was thinking mine got way too hot also. My Charger was comfortably warm. The Ram is almost scalding.

Kamikaze6780

Reaction score
So my truck is at the dealership getting a line x sprayed in, they are also checking out the wind noise and updating my house stereo. They let me use me a 2019 bighorn and that steering wheel didn't get nearly as hot as in my laramie

Users who are viewing this thread