5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hot Steering Wheel

I agree. It does get too hot but I just turn it off when it does.

Wonder if it's calibrated for use with gloves. Would be nice to have option to change heat level.

Mine doesn’t get that warm either. My wife has a Durango and it gets nice and toasty.

This is my first vehicle with a heated steering wheel and I love it..especially on these cold mornings. It does get surprisingly hot but easy enough to turn off when up to temp.

Mine gets hot at the 6 o'clock position after its been on for awhile but the rest is comfy. I do what the others do and turn it off when it gets warm.

I was playing with my extra hot steering wheel yesterday while also fiddling with the driver's seat heat. It may be in my head but I noted the wheel felt cooler if my seat heater was turned down. Maybe somehow they're linked? The wheel graphic did not change it did not seem as hot. ymmv.

I was playing with my extra hot steering wheel yesterday while also fiddling with the driver's seat heat. It may be in my head but I noted the wheel felt cooler if my seat heater was turned down. Maybe somehow they're linked? The wheel graphic did not change it did not seem as hot. ymmv.
Ive noticed that as well , not so much when the seat heater is on med. but the steering wheel definitely cools of when the headed seat are on low.

Mine gets warm at 3 and 9 first, then at 6, then the whole things gets toasty hot ... then I’m good.

Agreed. I turn mine off once it gets up to tempt, as it can get uncomfortably hot to leave on.

Mine got so hot it melted the clip that connects it to the power source. Now
I am waiting on a new wheel since they already stopped making the current wheel. Could be linked to the extra hot wheel. Btw, I loved it when it worked.

Mine gets really warm as well but I love it! I like the fact the seat and steering wheel heat come on automatically below 40 degrees F rather you remote start or not. I have not shut mine off yet this winter, takes a lot of heat to get through my thick gloves and coveralls!:D

well just returned from the dealer after getting my hands burned by the steering wheel. turns out there is supose to be a time limit like on the durango. its not suppose to stay on until you turn it off. it gets to hot
and that messed up my nav and my radio. they have to replace the whole 12 inch touch screen. they ordered one and say it should be here by april 16 2019. it comes from tesla the car maker they built them.

This is an interesting thread - I thought it was just me - mine gets wicked hot which is nice on cold Connecticut mornings BUT - only the bottom half of the wheel gets really hot - the top half gets warm... and the trim on the wheel is always freezing!

Matt

Mine gets very hot too. I've had heated steering wheels before, on my prior Ram and Trailhawk. They were always warm, great for leaving on and helpful with achy hands. This steering wheel is extremely hot and becomes very uncomfortable. I have to turn it off. I wondered if the leather is either thinner, or the element is to close to the surface.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back