5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hot running board

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When my 2020 crew cab’s wheel to wheel running boards sit in the sun, the outside facing edge (chrome) gets so hot, it can burn skin. Done it, now done with that!

anybody have a fix that isn’t hideous to look at? Maybe a clear wrap? Rubber cover? Vanta Black?

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That's a pain literally, but you wouldn't be able to roll the window down and rest your arm on the sill either. The whole vehicle is hot as balls after sitting in the sun

Edit: A flat white color would be the most reflective for heat, it would look weird though unless the truck was white

Trones

Reaction score
I have done it in Texas summers with all my other trucks. Open the door and lean in to get something from the console\back seat, BAM, burnt shins.

Its just something you have to learn through pain. Like kicking the hitch....

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
When my 2020 crew cab’s wheel to wheel running boards sit in the sun, the outside facing edge (chrome) gets so hot, it can burn skin. Done it, now done with that!

anybody have a fix that isn’t hideous to look at? Maybe a clear wrap? Rubber cover? Vanta Black?
Tall socks :)

Users who are viewing this thread