5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hot muffler tips - watch out!

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just a reminder to be careful un-hitching your trailer after a long drive! Didn't hurt much but a few days later still have a pretty good burn mark. Those dual tips look nice but they are in a bad place for removing safety chains.

Attachments

• 20210903_071607.jpg
    20210903_071607.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 30

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just a reminder to be careful un-hitching your trailer after a long drive! Didn't hurt much but a few days later still have a pretty good burn mark. Those dual tips look nice but they are in a bad place for removing safety chains.

Also for people with the MFT, be careful sitting down in the bed with your legs hanging out! I don't have any burns yet personally but my gf could tell you all about her experience with that!

Still would get the mft 10/10 times, but just something you don't necessarily think about until it's too late.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Also for people with the MFT, be careful sitting down in the bed with your legs hanging out! I don't have any burns yet personally but my gf could tell you all about her experience with that!

Still would get the mft 10/10 times, but just something you don't necessarily think about until it's too late.
I open the tailgate in the traditional way if I'm going to be sitting. But thanks for the warning. (y)

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/