5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hot/burning smell after under power from engine area

fireman-175

Reaction score
HI all, 2021 1500 Longhorn crew cab E-torque 5.7L, 35500 miles. Past month, getting worse, I have noticed after I drive for a while at operating temps like freeways speeds and just climbing a long hill. When I park the truck and shut off, here comes the stink. Smells like burning oil. I am clean under the truck, no signs of oil leaks. Dealer looked at it as said yes, it smells, nothing seems wrong. Tranny guy checked the tranny out as all good, normal temps, oil okay. Today, I did notice fumes coming from the right side exhaust where the pipe flares out to a wide section (maybe cat?) that is located about 10" below exhaust manifold. I videoed it and noticed a ticking sound at that location, like an exhaust leak sound. Any thoughts or experiences with such?

fireman-175

Reaction score
Sure seems to lead that direction. Wow, only 35k on the engine. Sure hope the new 6 cylinder has less issues than this v8.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online