5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Horrible 2019 Ram accident

Cbr954

Reaction score
I have been lurking but seeing this post on another forum made me go ahead and register.

I thought you guys would be interested in seeing how the 2019 Ram came through a very bad accident in which the Ram ended up on it's side.

The driver of the Ram walked away.

Situation and link to pictures below.

Direct link to pictures.

Last edited:

Whiskey_tango

Reaction score
Yowza! That thing took a serious hit, 50-60mph t-bone. Other driver didn't make it, no seat belt

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
wow that was crazy! Hard to believe one of the guys DIED, hard to believe they weren't able to avoid one another with no other cars on the road and nothing but fields on either side, and hard to believe THAT much damage at 50-60...

In my RAM, when speed limit is 50, i observe it, but i swear i feel like i'm moving in slow motion! Gonna be extra careful this morning, thanks for post : )

Cbr954

Reaction score
Based on what the guy driving the RAM said, it sounds like the other driver crossed the highway right in front of him. The RAM driver most likely had no time to react.

Fornstar

Reaction score
In my RAM, when speed limit is 50, i observe it, but i swear i feel like i'm moving in slow motion! Gonna be extra careful this morning, thanks for post : )

I hear ya on feeling like going in slow motion. Took a small road trip up to the mountains the first weekend we bought the truck. It was snowing, but road conditions were clear. My wife looked over and asked if I really needed to be doing 70 up the mountain in the snow.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Very sad that the other driver passed.
Glad to see how safe our trucks are, although being t-boned like that prob would've have killed anyone no matter what they were driving.

PTRAM

Reaction score
WOW--word been used but no better word for my first impression.

zx3junglist

Reaction score
the other vehicle was a 2005 F150, but I don't think it's the fault of the truck for what happened ... maybe. the survivor claims that only one of the airbags deployed in the Ford, but the sole occupant wasn't wearing his seat belt. On top of that, when you hit something head-on, you have the "luxury" of several feet of crumple space in front of you. When you get hit from the side, there's sometimes only several inches between you and the outside. Because it was a t-bone with no seatbelt that guy didn't stand a chance. Sad really. I'm really pleased with how the Ram survived this one.

I thought it was funny that one poster in the OP said something like "sounds like less dodge and more ram"

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
the other vehicle was a 2005 F150, but I don't think it's the fault of the truck for what happened ... maybe. the survivor claims that only one of the airbags deployed in the Ford, but the sole occupant wasn't wearing his seat belt. On top of that, when you hit something head-on, you have the "luxury" of several feet of crumple space in front of you. When you get hit from the side, there's sometimes only several inches between you and the outside. Because it was a t-bone with no seatbelt that guy didn't stand a chance. Sad really. I'm really pleased with how the Ram survived this one.

I thought it was funny that one poster in the OP said something like "sounds like less dodge and more ram"
Right. That's what I meant on my previous post. Not the fault of the Ford. It's just very difficult to avoid death or serious injury on those types of accidents.

Phi_541

Reaction score
Wow! Those pictures are incredible. Though a terrible accident for those involved, it is very reassuring to see how the Ram held up. Nobody wants to be involved in such an intense accident, but the safety features in the Ram provide some peace of mind for those "what if" situations..

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That Ram was for sure trashed. Walking away from something like that is nothing short of a miracle. Certainly reminds us all that life is precious and precarious.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can't get the pictures to load.... This is part of the reason I upgraded from my 2007 Ram was to gain the safety features and the better peace of mind if the unthinkable happens.

Ram19Va

Reaction score
Looking at the truck it seems to have performed well in the crash as the cabin area was somewhat secure still and not crumpled. Sorry to hear that the other driver was killed.
I was involved in a head-on that was the equivalent to hitting a brick wall at 100mph in an '89 Dodge Daytona and was able to walk away, but impact had knocked me unconscious. I can tell you its physically impossible to brace for an impact like that.

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can't get the pictures to load.... This is part of the reason I upgraded from my 2007 Ram was to gain the safety features and the better peace of mind if the unthinkable happens.

Heres just one of the pics:

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
I hear ya on feeling like going in slow motion. Took a small road trip up to the mountains the first weekend we bought the truck. It was snowing, but road conditions were clear. My wife looked over and asked if I really needed to be doing 70 up the mountain in the snow.

Yeah and with my 3.92 gear i can be going 55 and look down and be going 72 w/o even realizing it. I have started using my cruise control set to 65 cuz by me there are ALWAYS highway patrol, i see a person getting a ticket on every commute, and they don't play around here 5 miles above limit & ur day is gonna get ruined! ... i never used cruise before this truck everrrrrrrr! This truck wants to drive on the autobahn so bad...lol

Users who are viewing this thread