5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Horn

Limited Legend

Reaction score
My horn is not honking when locking doors, it's set to second press. Works fine if I press on the wheel. Anyone else have this issue? Sorry if this has been answered before.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My horn is not honking when locking doors, it's set to second press. Works fine if I press on the wheel. Anyone else have this issue? Sorry if this has been answered before.
How quickly are you hitting the button on fob. If you double tap quickly it won't register the second hit.

Limited Legend

Reaction score
I'd say just normally, I've driven a FCA vehicle since 2016 so I'm familiar with the fob. I've been working out of state since September so I'm not home much. Can't even pinpoint when it started doing it. I will try it slower Friday when I get home.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'd say just normally, I've driven a FCA vehicle since 2016 so I'm familiar with the fob. I've been working out of state since September so I'm not home much. Can't even pinpoint when it started doing it. I will try it slower Friday when I get home.
Try a third or fourth push and see if it will honk

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I believe there is a Setting in the system settings to honk or not along with
only unlocking the drivers door on the first press and all the doors on the second press.
This is how I have mine set.

Malodave

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had the same issue with my 2022. I looked in the settings and it showed that it was set to honk on the 2nd button press. I turned the honk setting off, then back to 2nd button press and then it started working. Then a few days later it stopped working again. I just gave up as it‘s not a big deal to me. Then I had my Ravelco installed and the guy had to disconnect the battery. When he was done, my auto side steps started deploying again when the doors open (I had them turned off because I lowered my truck and didn’t want them deploying and hitting curbs when I park). I could not turn them off, no matter what setting I used. I disconnected the battery for about 30 minutes and that didn’t help either. So I did a factory reset on the radio. Well, now the horn honks and I can turn off the steps. But, if I turn on the steps or try to manually deploy them with the “deploy” button, the passenger one no longer works. This was one of my fears of having a radio that controls everything in the truck.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Your truck is doing you a favor by turning off that obnoxious feature. Be happy it's set that way and leave it alone. 🤣

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Your truck is doing you a favor by turning off that obnoxious feature. Be happy it's set that way and leave it alone. 🤣
I have mine set to second push of button. Most of the time I will just hit button once and see lights flash and know it's good. Other times if the truck is out of visual sight, I like the audible honk for verification the doors are locked.

Users who are viewing this thread