5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Horn not working after getting towed...

Griff

Reaction score
Hey guys. We were at a condo and they closed the parking garage and towed my truck. Now the horn doesn't work. Does anyone know what a tow truck driver does to disable the horn which I assume was blowing when they broke in to look for a spare set of keys?

He also forgot to reconnect the emergency brake hookup near the rear driver side tire. I am assuming he forgot to reconnect whatever he did to stop the horn.

All help is appreciated.

Wes

Griff

Reaction score
I tracked down the fuse and swapped it out with a spare, still a no go.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Hey guys. We were at a condo and they closed the parking garage and towed my truck. Now the horn doesn't work. Does anyone know what a tow truck driver does to disable the horn which I assume was blowing when they broke in to look for a spare set of keys?

He also forgot to reconnect the emergency brake hookup near the rear driver side tire. I am assuming he forgot to reconnect whatever he did to stop the horn.

All help is appreciated.

Wes
there was a video in another thread where someone was trying to steal the ram. after the criminals were chased off the owner found the horn was disconnect at the horn.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Did he just physically pull the wire were it plugs into the horn? This is usually a spade connection. He might have just pulled the wire off the connector.

You mention that he forgot a few things. I doubt he forgot so much as just did not do them.

Griff

Reaction score
Thanks guys.

I noticed the plastic shroud at the front of the engine bay was missing 11 of the 12 plastic connectors. I was able to track down the location of the horn and indeed the connection was just pulled out.

Once I replace the shroud connectors I think it will be back to good.

I'm not happy with how my truck was treated but at least it's working again.

Thanks again all!

Users who are viewing this thread