5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hope it’s not another dead battery thread.

kjang970

Reaction score
I apologize in advance if this has been discussed already since I can’t find the answer I’m looking for. I went on a trip for a week with my Blackvue plugged in my truck (goes into parking mode after 5 mins of no movement). I came back to a dead battery, which I expected. I attempted to jump start the truck but the truck would shut off as soon as I removed the jumper cables so I bought a battery charger and charged it overnight to 100%. Now the battery voltage will not exceed 12.8v even on 3 hour drives and sometimes drops down to 12.6v. I went ahead and bought a new battery just in case but same 12.6-12.8v while driving. The dealer says the battery and the “alternator/eTorque” is good so they have nothing to fix. Is this normal or is there something specific I need to tell them to look at? I used to get around 13.7-13.9v prior to the dead battery.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
unhook the battery again after you've charged it. leave it unplugged for 15+ minutes. it will force a relearn of the IBS. charging it while the truck is powered makes the IBS even more stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread