5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hope Ford plans to do a better job on the F150

rsmeanie

Reaction score
I know Ford is scrambling to improve the interior of the F150 since RAM ate their lunch with the 2019 but i hope they do a better job than they did with the Ford Edge. Talk about tacked on crap. Yikes.

df7171bbed4874906f92159d3c6625eb.jpg

Kornfrk2727

Reaction score
I hope so too. I have a 16 F-150. Waiting for new gen to switch to ram or stick with F-150.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm thinking it is a stop gap until a complete new center stack is engineered. Ford got caught off-guard with the Ram 12" screen and this is a quick fix. Cadillac is bringing out a 38" oled screen in the new Escalade. I'm sure the next generation F150 will have it incorporated into the center stack much better.

Dirtfreak

Reaction score
I'm thinking it is a stop gap until a complete new center stack is engineered. Ford got caught off-guard with the Ram 12" screen and this is a quick fix. Cadillac is bringing out a 38" oled screen in the new Escalade. I'm sure the next generation F150 will have it incorporated into the center stack much better.
OLED screens are notorious for burn in, They even have warnings on the newer iphones.

shrubs2000

Reaction score
The new 2020 ford explorer has the ridiculous screen just pasted up as well--looks like crap!

I saw this and the one on the Escape on Motorweek. Both are ugly and I know for sure I would end up breaking one.

klail

Reaction score
OLED screens are notorious for burn in, They even have warnings on the newer iphones.
Yeah, you're right and for the most part, all images on a vehicle screen are static. I LOVE OLED screens, but at this point, they don't belong in vehicles.

DraKhen99

Reaction score
I remember back in 2002, I had an OLED display on a Pioneer Premier head unit I installed in a car. It had a screensaver feature built in to prevent burn-in, and would reverse the "colors" if you can call them that (it had a few shades of blue, IIRC). It worked great. Now with full-color OLEDs, I hope they fix the burn-in issue. Gonna freak out some buyers if their screen all of a sudden flips the colors on them!

That said, Ford has a lot more to fix on the F-150 than the interior. Frozen door latches, IWEs, 4x4 components, oil leaks/consumption, front diffs, drive shafts, engine rattles. Oh, and yeah, the interior is dated.

RAM is eating their lunch for many reasons. I'll take slightly lower fuel economy for the better performance of the overall vehicle.

-John

sixate

Reaction score
I've had so many issues with my 17 F150, was glad to get rid of it. IWE issues 3 times a year, frozen door latches, dash and Sync would go black at randon and come back on after a few minutes. Was on the 4th battery and quite a few other minor issues.

My new 20 Ram is 100 times nicer, rides better, interior is far superior and way better looking overall. The F150 got better mpg's and the 3.5L was great, but I miss nothing about the truck. My new Ram has been perfect for the few short weeks I've had it.

Jamesalan98

Reaction score
I had a 2016 F-150 and it was fine, other than it was just an XL. I bought my 2019 Ram last month and was surprised that I did because I thought I was going to buy a Silverado until I test drove one and realized how awful the interior was. The Silverado 8 speed has a goofy shake at 35 mph, the seating position and the hood were weird, and the wheelbase was way too big.

i am glad I kept an open mind of vehicles and when I test drove this Laramie I was impressed with the interior and the ride and the Ram became the choice.

Attachments

• BB8D8780-C48D-4363-A077-76D833632150.jpeg
    BB8D8780-C48D-4363-A077-76D833632150.jpeg
    142.8 KB · Views: 43

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I had a 2016 F-150 and it was fine, other than it was just an XL. I bought my 2019 Ram last month and was surprised that I did because I thought I was going to buy a Silverado until I test drove one and realized how awful the interior was. The Silverado 8 speed has a goofy shake at 35 mph, the seating position and the hood were weird, and the wheelbase was way too big.

i am glad I kept an open mind of vehicles and when I test drove this Laramie I was impressed with the interior and the ride and the Ram became the choice.
Yeah, aside from a few tech glitches some of us have, the ride and luxury of RAMs can’t be beat.
They are years ahead of the competition, even against trucks that came after it, like the new GM & Chevys.

Users who are viewing this thread