5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hooked up the boat for the first time

Mo381

Reaction score
I got the 2019 Ram Laramie 1500 crew 4x4 about 2 weeks ago. This morning, I decided to hook up our boat for the first time to see how it would work.
The truck has the Hemi eTorque and the 3.92 gears and coil spring suspension. The sticker payload is 1607 lbs.
The boat is a 21 ft older aluminum modified deep V deck boat. I haven't weighed it , but the package weight with the trailer is supposed to be about 5200.
I had been pulling it with our 2016 Ram Laramie crew 4x4 with the Cummins and rear air suspension, so the boat weight had never been an issue.

My initial measurements of the truck unloaded were at the center of the fenders and the bottom of the boat tongue while leveled.
Front 35 5/8" rear 37 1/2" and boat 18 inches.
After hooking up the boat, it measured
Front 36" rear 36 7/8" and boat 17" with a very slightly forward tilt to the boat.

Overall, I am pretty happy with how it worked out.
I had been researching air bags yesterday, but I dont think I will need them. After a few times out on the road with it, I will know for sure.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

BTB123

Reaction score
I just bought a Rebel and installed Airlift 1000 bags in the springs. I tow a 18 foot deep V Lund. I probably don’t need them but it’s always nice to have the help.
Very easy install.

Mo381

Reaction score
I just bought a Rebel and installed Airlift 1000 bags in the springs. I tow a 18 foot deep V Lund. I probably don’t need them but it’s always nice to have the help.
Very easy install.
I had some of the Airlift 1000 on my last 1500 and seemed to work fine. Hopefully, in the next year or two we will have a 17-18 deep V too.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread