5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hook from under bed

Budram

Reaction score
I have a 2019 5th gen Ram 1500, 5.7L, full sized cab.

Last year, I heard one of these fall in my driveway when I got out of my truck. I asked the service dept at the dealer what it is, and he said the techs don't know. It came from some where under the bed, possibly near the middle to rear of the driver's side of the bed. Today, another one fell on my driveway.

Does anyone know what they are? What are their function and should I be worried that 2 are now broken off? For size reference, it's on top of my RamBox where I took the pic. Without measuring it, I'd say it's about 1 x 5 inches. It also looks like one end has a rivet or screw that broke off.

(I searched the posts, but didn't see anything like this, so I apologize in advance if this is a repeat question.)

Bud

20220707_114352.jpg
20220707_114359.jpg

JF19Longhorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wow.. wonder if it has something to do with shipping?

Don't recall anything like that under mine, but I don't have the RAM boxes either.

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
I don't have the ram boxes either but it looks like a retainer of some sort to keep the rambox lids from opening too far?

Budram

Reaction score
Wow.. wonder if it has something to do with shipping?

Don't recall anything like that under mine, but I don't have the RAM boxes either.
I have 97k on the truck and the original owner. that would be a long time (I would think) that something fell off from shipping... not sure it's related to the ram boxes but I'm trying to look. Clearly, it's attached on one end (the broken rivet) not sure what the other end (hook) does.

thanks for the reply !

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have 97k on the truck and the original owner. that would be a long time (I would think) that something fell off from shipping... not sure it's related to the ram boxes but I'm trying to look. Clearly, it's attached on one end (the broken rivet) not sure what the other end (hook) does.

thanks for the reply !
OCD Solutions solved it for you in post #6. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread