5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Hook" fell from under 2019 Ram 1500

Budram

Reaction score
I was parked in my driveway last week getting a few bags of mulch out of the bed (literally a few, nothing heavy) and I heard a piece of metal hit the driveway under the truck, somewhere behind the cab. Does anyone know what this is or where it's from? It's very clean and appears to have a rivet at the long end that appears broken. Approximately 4in x 1in. (Trying to attach pic) 20210720_180850.jpg
Thx for your help!
Bud

2019 1500 5.7V8 Bighorn package, full crew cab 4x4, ram boxes, small bed.

It the lock for the dump bed. you didn’t know you just hit the brake a few times in park and you could dump the mulch?

…….Posting to see what others have to say. Easier to find haha

It the lock for the dump bed. you didn’t know you just hit the brake a few times in park and you could dump the mulch?

…….Posting to see what others have to say. Easier to find haha
haha... just realized I posted this last year. it just happened again, another hook fell off in my driveway. the dealer gave me some BS about "maybe it kicked up off the road and just fell now"... surprised they don't know what it is. Just put up a new post about same, no one else answered this one...

Users who are viewing this thread