5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hood vents even more useless than we knew

kbraunphoto

Reaction score
:Cross post:

I park outside in the south, al la enter clouds of yellow death in the spring.

Just recently found a colony of ants in the rear driver-side belt buckle, where my child's' car seat is.
that was fun....

I go to finally clean the truck after ~10 months of use and I randomly find this gem of a 'feature' RAM provided us.

Yes, we know they are fake hood vents but did they really allow them to collect **** inside!!!!????
Had a couple minute video of how much crap come out of those vents, too big to upload

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2021-08-19-12h45m57s376.png
    vlcsnap-2021-08-19-12h45m57s376.png
    865.2 KB · Views: 338
  • IMG_3534.jpg
    IMG_3534.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 337

AdventureJunkie

Reaction score
Yeah, the vents are kind of a pain. My favorite part even after getting all the crud out. Is after washing the truck waiting 2 minutes for all the soap to come out...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, the vents are kind of a pain. My favorite part even after getting all the crud out. Is after washing the truck waiting 2 minutes for all the soap to come out...

Just pressure wash the vents after soaping and it comes out fine :D You literally have to put the nozzle up against the holes in the vents tho...

AdventureJunkie

Reaction score
Just pressure wash the vents after soaping and it comes out fine :D You literally have to put the nozzle up against the holes in the vents tho...
Yeah hate putting the pressure washer so close. Just saying it's an annoyance is all :)

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
STILL boggles my mind that RAM went ahead and put complete vents, including the big holes in the metal stamping for the hood, only to close them off completely save for a little drain hole.

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's alot of ants!! My favorite part of the vents, is how they streak the hood after a wash. Even after I raise the hood to allow them to drain.

chris288

Reaction score
cheap 18v leaf blower, use one on my hellcat, blow all the excess water out of the vents, mirrors, door handles, grill, lug nuts, works great

chris288

Reaction score
so your vents are kind of actually functional ? did you drill out all the holes ? does water get inside the engine compartment ?

RBRK

Reaction score
A simple thing to do is open the hood and leave it open for a few minutes after washing. Seems to drain fine. I was using a blower but that still allowed the water to still drip out after driving.

CopterDoctor

Reaction score
so your vents are kind of actually functional ? did you drill out all the holes ? does water get inside the engine compartment ?
Yes they are now functional. All I did was remove the vent assembly and cut off the bottom with my dremel tool. Yes water can get into the engine compartment, but it causes no issues.

CanRebel

Reaction score
That is nice. I was wondering if anyone was able to change/open them.
I've noticed on my Rebel. There is a lot heat coming from near tires, for those have had it longer.
Is this normal?

Think I'm going to try that. and open those vents. little water shouldn't hurt anything

Users who are viewing this thread