5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hood vents even more useless than we knew

kbraunphoto

Reaction score
I park outside in the south, al la enter clouds of yellow death in the spring.

Just recently found a colony of ants in the rear driver-side belt buckle, where my child's' car seat is.
that was fun....

I go to finally clean the truck after ~10 months of use and I randomly find this gem of a 'feature' RAM provided us.

Yes, we know they are fake hood vents but did they really allow them to collect **** inside!!!!????
Had a couple minute video of how much crap come out of those vents, too big to upload

Attachments

• IMG_3534.jpg
    IMG_3534.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 243
  • vlcsnap-2021-08-19-12h45m57s376.png
    vlcsnap-2021-08-19-12h45m57s376.png
    865.2 KB · Views: 240

FloridaMan87

Reaction score
Does your kiddo enjoy sugary snacks while in dads truck? If so, that may be your issue.
I have the same problem .... minus the ants ... but only because I vacuumed like every other day to make sure there's no left over crumbs from kiddos snacks.
With the hood vents.... do you park under a tree at home or at work?

Hate to say all of this is avoidable with a little TLC and cleaning more often.....
Just sayin

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Does your kiddo enjoy sugary snacks while in dads truck? If so, that may be your issue.
I have the same problem .... minus the ants ... but only because I vacuumed like every other day to make sure there's no left over crumbs from kiddos snacks.
With the hood vents.... do you park under a tree at home or at work?

Hate to say all of this is avoidable with a little TLC and cleaning more often.....
Just sayin
Couldn't agree more with this. My kids are grown and have long ago moved out and on too their own lives. No food or drink in my truck unless it's water. Kind of a hard-a$$ approach sure, but I'm the one who paid for this truck so I get to make the rules ;)

BilletMotoRam

Reaction score
The drain holes also get clogged pretty easy causing water to collect after a wash, then when you drive down the road in a clean truck the water blows out all over your window....so annoying, blow them out before a wash!!!

jmr

Reaction score
Can the vents be opened up like on the Durango/Grand Cherokee SRT hood vents?
People have done this on he JL Wrangler Rubicon hood vents too.

DomW

Reaction score
I was looking at air-intakes for my truck and I saw an add where one of the hood vents was opened with a bib around it. I don't know what truck it was on or if it was custom. Don't remember what site it was on either, CRS.

Last edited:

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yes, they can be opened up. But you'd also need to open up the insulator mounted to the underside of the hood. Making that look good after cutting holes in it could be a challenge if you're at all concerned with how it looks.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Man! You need to sanitize that kid before he goops up your truck. Hit him with a power washer, maybe a little bleach or something. You need to thank the ant colony for cleaning up after that sticky-bomb.

Users who are viewing this thread